Before I blame our hydro company ....

Okay, so I was inspecting a vet clinic, and came across this (see first pic). The cable in the picture is used to support the service mast. I don’t think it is being supported very well :shock:! Just wondering what people might write in the report, so as not to totally blame the hydro company, as this could have been the roofing contracters fault. Although it looks like the roof was installed about 30 years ago, so who knows!

Upon further inspection, I found more of these eye bolts, all over the roof. None of them had any sort of chaulking to prevent water from entering the attic space, and some where just plain missing. They were all found near the bottom of the roof approx 1 m up from the edge, and where evenly spaced apart. They must have served some purpose in the past. Just wondering what that may be. I’m reccommending a roofin contractor to evaluate the roof for repair and possible replacement, but I’m just curious what these eye bolts may have been used for.

Thanks

Greg

service mast problem.jpg

service mast problem.jpg

service mast problem.jpg

eye bolts.jpg

You said it was a vet clinic, and these were close to the edge. I’d suspect the might be for some sort of sign.

Well now that might make sense. The vet bought the place from a bike shop about 20 years ago, possibly the bike shop had a roof top sign.
Thanks Mark!

Greg

Agree with Mark above.

As for ‘writing it up’, why blame anyone? Does it really matter who created the problem? It still needs correction. Just write what you discovered, and call out for repair.

Mark, I see your point; I guess I didn’t write that correctly. I don’t plan on actually blaming anyone. It’s not for me to decide who screwed up here, LOL! I just don’t want the vet running to the hydro company saying that she had here clinic inspected and the inspecter says this is all wrong and that they need to fix it. Just trying to find the best verbage here. I think your right though, I’ll just keep it simple. Tell her what I found, and let her know it needs repair.

Thanks

Greg

Around here, that’s what we call an “inspection report”.:wink:

Hello Greg:

It is viewed by everyone so watch for spelling.:shock:
Upon further inspection, I found more of these eye bolts, all over the roof. None of them had any sort of chaulking to prevent water from entering the attic space, and some where just plain missing. They were all found near the bottom of the roof approx 1 m up from the edge, and where evenly spaced apart. They must have served some purpose in the past. Just wondering what that may be. I’m reccommending a roofin contractor to evaluate the roof for repair and possible replacement, but I’m just curious what these eye bolts may have been used for.

Thanks for the heads up! Wow, found even more grammatical errors myself :shock: (see the orange above, should read “were” not “where”) ahhhhhh!

I agree. No need to try to figure out who is to “blame”. Stick to the facts that you know (i.e., There are unsealed eye bolts penetrating the roof which will allow water entry).

Didn’t want to point them all out;)