Concrete block walls wet up 2 blocks

This house (pictures attached) is a 1960 concrete block wall home with what appears to be a poured concrete slab.

There is efflorescence on the lower 2 blocks pretty much around the exterior, and they have elevated moisture levels (45 - 100%)

What would cause this? I mean how was it supposed to not wick up water? In other words, did standard construction methods back then have a vapor barrier? Or could it have been like this since it was built?

There are no signs of water intrusion on the interior drywall (furred or 2x4 frame, couldn’t see the framing type)

I noted in the report that the blocks have efflorescence and are wet. Should I call for an engineer or something?

Thanks!

Where are you located?
Why do they need so much friggin’ A/C down/up/over there?

Any sprinklers?

North Florida.main AC is not working.

No sprinklers

Well seeing that block is hydroscopic, and you are close to the soil, and the paint is failing off the black, and you live in FL
and we have lots of rain
and you can dig a hole 2 ft down and it fills with water,
and…
figured it out yet?
BTW use a meter that is calibrated for concrete or block.
I had a general meter once. It now rests in a land fill hopefully where it belongs.

Sean, agreed, it’s no surprise they’re wet now.

My 2 questions:
Does something need to be done about it? What?
Was it installed without any moisture proofing originally? (was that normal for the 1960s?)

Agreed the General meter is not great. I’ve used a GE for 7 years as water damage technician when I needed accurate readings. I tested the general alongside my GE and it does enough for a home inspector, especially since I’ll probably lose it at some point.

I compare the readings of the upper blocks to the lower blocks to see if they’re much different, and they are. Upper blocks are low 20s, which is what they should be.

Its normal leave it alone.