Difference between a deck, porch, balcony, patio, verandah. Please proof new article.

http://www.nachi.org/exterior-design-features.htm

Nice Nick, man, your full of good stuff lately. :slight_smile:

Is there a place where we can easily access all this good info you are putting out there so one does not have to search the forums to find them?

Are we allowed to print some of these graphics and possibly add to some of our report binders.?:slight_smile:

Nicely done! Just one comment. Must all porches be covered? The definition says a porch has a cover. What do we call an elevated entrance platform without a cover? (They do exist.)

Joe, we wrote this article after you asked us to on another thread. Thanks.

Marcel wrote:

Marcel, the articles are all located at www.nachi.org/articles.htm They are all designed to improve YOUR SEO, so use them. Put them on your website somewhere. You don’t even have to link to them, they can be separate page on your site without you actually linking to them at all, and they will help get you ranked higher and bring you more traffic. And the graphics are all here: www.nachi.org/gallery and they are for members to use any way you all want to.

Both www.nachi.org/gallery and www.nachi.org/articles.htm are member benefits, use them for newsletters, to improve SEO, in your reports, whatever you want.

Excellent stuff

Mic

A large number of patios are covered in this area. The rain, you know… the rain.

you’re right, in fact the house I grew up in had a patio that was covered by our deck, and it was *not *paved. Maybe I’ll alter the article.

If you do a Google image search of the word “patio” you’ll see very few with roofs. But, yea, some do have them, so I added in the word “typically”. :mrgreen:

You might also consider a paragraph on pergolas as well. There have been several questions here on the board in the past about them.

Thanks Nick.:slight_smile:

Is that railing “safe” on the balcony in the picture…? :slight_smile: