EIFS inspectors in Richmond, VA

Hi everyone,

I have a 1993 EIFS house that we recently purchased. I have a report from a local EIFS inspector that gave the house a good rating. He did the moisture probe around windows, etc. Unfortunately, it was a seller paid for report he had done when he put the house on the market. I have not heard anything bad about this inspector, but I would like another opinion. It is too late regarding any purchase action (obviously) but before I sink any big money into the property - want to build a nice detached garage, I want to truly validate that the Dryvit was done correctly, house exterior was maintained, and it is in good overall shape. Last thing I need is to dump a bunch into a garage and then have a ton more on the house! So does anyone know of anyone in the Richmond VA area?

I am also happy to share the report I have with anyone privately if they would like to review it for completeness, accuracy, etc. I am not going to facilitate the public criticism of anyone.

Thanks
Joe

I think there’s only one guy here who does it, and I’ve met him. I watched him do his thing once while I did the home inspection. He was very professional and they seemed to be doing a very thorough job. He took all day to do it. He’s partnered with the largest home inspection company here. That’s about all I know.

Call me if you want referrals for contractors for your garage.

Joe,

I recommend that you hire an InterNACHI Certified Annual Home Maintenance Inspector™, who is certified to inspect Stucco / EIFS, to detect any (moisture) problems, since you have a Dryvit house.

I am an InterNACHI-Certified Stucco Inspector™, and I can properly inspect any building that has stucco or EIFS cladding. I am in agreement that most inspectors are not qualified to perform these types of inspections. With all due respect … We home inspectors need to get our education and training to perform these types of inspections. Home Inspectors can get the proper training here: Advanced "Stucco & EIFS Inspection Training for Home Inspectors” by Ron Huffman, PE, and a top EIFS Industry Professional.

Sorry but Richmond is not in my coverage area.

SWVA.jpg

Stanley is the best one I know that inspects EIFS

http://www.inspectproperty.com/credentials-and-experience.html

Does he come all the way up here?

contact top 2 Ray or Austin, they know their members well and will steer you in the proper direction
https://www.exterior-design-inst.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53%3Avirginia

i’ll look at the report
you can contact me through ADAIR INSPECTION

are they somehow different or better than other non-stickered eifs inspectors that offered this service before the title sticker was invented?

contact top 2 Ray or Austin, they know their members well and will steer you in the proper direction
https://www.exterior-design-inst.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=53%3Avirginia

i’ll look at the report
you can contact me through ADAIR INSPECTION

are they somehow different or better than other non-stickered inspectors that offered this service before the title & sticker was invented?

the guy needs an eifs inspector not a sticker jockey

Barry,

To answer your question: No. I have nothing but respect for you and the other inspectors like Juan and Brad. I didn't clarify what I was trying to say. I edited my original post and hope that it clarifies.  I have two cousins in Tampa Florida, that are Stucco, Drywall, EIFS, and Framing contractors. I have learned most of what I know from my oldest cousin Earl. I agree with your recommendation from the Exterior Design Institute.

As far as a sticker jockey goes: I've been called a lot worse. Like the time I was called an "&#%!@?!".

Yes. He goes to NOVA too

Thanks everyone for the responses. I did send the report to Barry Adair since he offered and he was kind enough to review it and give me his feedback. Thanks Barry!

you’re welcome