Foundation Slab

I just inspected a sun room that had just been built in North Ridgeville the slab was existing, they installed a concrete foundation (look at picture) but they built the sun room on the slab? Is it me! Or am I loosing it. has anyone seen this type of application. The client has water seeping in under the walls, and the slab is under grade. if you go through the effort of installing a footer wouldn’t you at least put a curb on it above grade and then build on the curb.

Thanks for taking a look
Dan Ricci

DSC04005.jpg

DSC03999.jpg

DSC04001.jpg

DSC04002.jpg

I think you forgot something…

Dan,

I do not see a photo…but in Arizona I see what you’re talking about quite frequently.

Just an old slab someone decides to build a non-permitted addition on, which generally always leads to issues.

how to proof read??? oh sorry the pic…right, that too.

Pictures are posted would you like to give an opinion and not your bull crap! JAY

I still have the same opinion…:smiley:

I bet you won’t get any opinions now Dan…good luck to you.

First of all DAN, it’s not crap, there was not pics, and your grammar sucks. but anyway, it’s all in good fun, if you can’t handle getting a little ribbing, just let us know up front. and oh yeah, to solve that water issue, 1) flip the grade 2) install french drains 3) divert the downspouts to sides of house. NEXT;) :cool:

ummm… Jay, that’s kind of like the pot calling the kettle black. Yor gramer aint so gud eether.

You beat me James…but yes…glass houses and all…have another cold one Jay

yeah but i don’t start battles with others when i’m asking for help, get razzed a little and blow up. all that on the first 2 posts? EVER?. mountian, mole hill, hello?

We’re teasing you about your grammar Jay…lighten up :wink:

ain’t nuttin rong wit mi gramma, she passed on 3 years ago, as for my grammar, it’s fine too. i’m jus savin up da good stuff 4 wen i needs it.

Lol :wink:

and still a gentleman after all that, i was the only one to answer his question. bravo me…and by the way Tony, as for that cold one…don’t mind if i do, cheers

You are probably ahead of me…doggone hockey practice is killin me…I am only on #1…but I have a big day ahead of me tomorrow, so I will only have 3 or 10 anyway…