Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Exterior Inspections Contains discussions about the exterior portion of a home inspection. This includes roofs, gutters, downspouts, decks, patios, windows, etc.

Old 2/22/18, 10:28 PM
Student Inspector

GFCI outlets have been in use since the late 80'S.They are typically installed where there is a chance of water and electricity can come in contact. In this picture the GFCI outlet must replaced due to two reasons, it has been painted over and the RE set button is damaged.

New free, online "Exterior Safety for Inspectors and Contractors" video course
Need a home inspection in Connecticut? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Connecticut certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 2/22/18, 10:39 PM
Student Inspector

The article I read was titled Doing Damage during a Home Inspection.
I have been doing inspections for over 20 years and something unusual just happened last week. I was in the Kitchen and was about to check the Microwave. I first got a small cup of water and checked to see if there was any visual damage to the unit. I then opened the and the unit turned on! I immediately closed the door and unplugged the Microwave. The seller said I broke it. In a very nice way I explained that it was broken before I came to the house. He knew he was wrong.