Gutters

I’ve just read this and I disagree with it somewhat.

Gutters

The steeper the roof pitch, the lower the gutter should be placed. On roofs with lower slopes, gutters should be placed close to the roof’s surface.

In my experience with gutters that are placed too low in a heavy rainstorm the water off the roof flys straight over the top of the gutter making them useless. The only reason to keep gutters low away from the roof is in snow areas sliding snow can rip gutters off. But in those areas the likelihood of very heavy rain is somewhat diminished. ALso snow guards can be placed on the roof to protect gutters from this. All depends on the situation and areas.

Your post shows you are engaging your brain and using your own observations and experience to temper your conclusions. This will serve you well in the long run. It’s a good idea to seek the opinions of others in the process, which it also appears you are doing.

Guidelines such as the one you mention do have to be subjected to scrutiny based on one’s geographical location.

By the way, please complete your profile so we will know what part of the country you are in.

Curious, what was the source of the information you disagree with?