Licesned Contractor

This is a picture of a window that was upgraded by a licensed contractor, this condition existed throughout the whole home… Whooaa!!

HPIM2901.JPG

Oh lord…:shock:

](*,)

Did he also have a license to drive? What was his license for?

Tim,

how many more pictures do you have?

Just the one, I probably should have taken more. The condition you see exists 360 degrees around the perimeter at all the upper windows.
The contractor was still on site while I was there, It got ugly.

This is utterly ridiculous.
Has to be a Contractor Driving under suspension. Call the BBB

Marcel

Marcel,

Are you saying he lives in a right to drive state??

Tim

Just curious why did it get ugly? Could he not see what you did?And yes you should have taken more pictures.

Mario

He overheard me talking about how and why the application was incorrect and I guess the homeowner was upset, thats why I didnt take more pictures the tension was thick in the air…

Tim

Some people have no business being in construction!!!These guys are the bad apples that you hear about.Makes it hard for competent people to carry on a legitimate business.

Mario

This is a prime example why the contractor shouldn’t be present during an inspection…or at least an incompentant one.

Glad you got out of there unharmed, I hope the home owner listens to your advice.

Craig

Dang, That’s an upgrade?? What do his downgrades look like??

http://www.iccsafe.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=007879;p=2#000065

More about people who think a license makes a good contractor instead of morals.

Hi. Carl;

How often does it happen that people are issued a Drivers License and don’t have a clue on how to drive on a Public Way?

Would that same scenario not apply to Contractors that were issued a License to Contract EIFS Systems and Hard Stucco?

I guess this reasoning is why we are all stuck to this type of crappy work and keeps us or you in this instance busy, and I don/t believe we can correct the system unfortunately.

Still in the Commercial World myself, I always come across some sub-contractors that say, I have been doing this for 25 years, what the hell do you mean it is not right,?? I will respond by saying, I am sorry, but it is not my fault that you were never taught or learned the right way when you started and have been doing it wrong all this time.
Boy, I’ll tell you, I don’t make a friend when I say that, but I don’t care, I am there to do the job right and give the Client what he paid for.
Like I tell the guys on the job, if I don’t see my name in the outhouse, that means I am not doing my job. ha. ha.

Interesting pictures.

Thanks

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
</IMG></IMG>