Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > >

Notices

Exterior Inspections Contains discussions about the exterior portion of a home inspection. This includes roofs, gutters, downspouts, decks, patios, windows, etc.

Old 1/13/15, 8:45 AM
New User

Please Note: Oliver Levenson is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.
Default Re: Patio door installation question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrady View Post
I notice some sliding glass patio doors that have the sliding door on the outside, which means the track is exposed to the weather and debris buildup. The door could also possibly be lifted up and removed from outside. Are some door designed this way, or is the configuration optional when installing the door? It seems like an improper installation to me.

I think the sliding glass patio doors installed outside doesn't mean exposing to the weather . It's not an improper installation though it has many positive points like it will take less space of your inside . and there are many ways to protect glass doors from exposed weather like coating.
Need a home inspection in Idaho? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Idaho certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 7/31/18, 7:33 PM
InterNACHI Applicant

I mention this as a "note" in my reports for three reasons:

First, when a door mounted on the outside track is opened, the handle comes in contact with the fixed panel. My thumbnail is just now growing back from throwing open one of these doors and smashing my thumb between the handle and the fixed panel! Yeouch!

Secondly, most people like to cut a dowel or PVC pipe to fit in the slider track for cheap security, this is not possible when the slider is on the outside.

Thirdly, this is anecdotal, but I have noticed that the track does accumulate more dirt and debris on the outside and the sliders stick and catch more often, again, just an observation.

I don't expect that anyone will demand a new door replacement from my mentioning it, but perhaps will use my damaged thumb as a cautionary tale to be more careful when opening the door!
Old 2/13/19, 2:31 AM
Community Guest

Please Note: smetal is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.
Post Re: Patio door installation question

Patio door glass in offices create an atmosphere of space, brightness, and transparency. Glass Partitions Walls bring a feeling of space and openness to office interiors.

Transparency in the work environment through the use of glass wall systems is not only a way to promote an organization’s corporate culture, enhance the visual.

Glass walls and partitions balance visual openness and physical privacy in modern architectural design
Old 2/13/19, 3:33 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI) ®

That's just great. .........................................

Desperate SPAM on a 10 yr old thread.

http://www.alltropic.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awards Committee Member
SUBMIT YOUR AWARD NOMINATIONS HERE

The InterNACHI Awards Committee is the final
authority of issuance of any award the committee offers.