The realtor said...

Todays inspection
The realtor said " it may need a new roof." But the electric has been all redone! When in 1947? :shock:

DSCF1821.JPG

Damn that is funny Mark----:D—:D—:smiley:

please tell me that romex is not connected to the K & T at the bottom left of your photo!!!

Of course it is “the electric has been all redone”! :shock:
And I don’t see why the realtor thought the roof “may” need to be replaced. It looked fine to me.

haha…I had that the other day and it was the same…“oh no the electrical has been upgraded”…huhhhh???

Sounds like a subtle suggestion to go soft on the house …

I often see those “updated” electrical services with older homes. The actual upgrades appear to be nothing more than the installation of new breakers, romex and receptacles for renovated rooms. The knob and tube often surfaces in the attic and sometimes in the basement. The electrical tape over the one set of conductors raises a serious red flag to me.

The moss is keeping the rain out! :roll:

Did they advertise as “green roof”

That wiring is a lot older than 1947.

I had a used house salesman ask me yesterday PLEASE don’t kill this deal I’m representing the seller and the buyer, and I really need the money----:twisted:

That is the first time one actually came right out and said it without beating around the bush----:twisted:

I had a Realtor that was doing both sides of the deal hang up on me because I wouldn’t call my client up and tell to not ask for a repair (I can’t remember for what but it wasn’t small). I think some Realtors are running scared.

American mortgage foreclosure filings surge

http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/images/spacer.gif

By ALEX VEIGA The Associated Press
Thu. May 15 - 4:33 AM
http://www.thechronicleherald.ca/photos/small/GREY_CODZ502_Foreclosure__Provincial_05-15-08_GU863T2.jpgLOS ANGELES — More U.S. homeowners fell behind on mortgage payments last month, driving the number of homes facing foreclosure up 65 per cent versus the same month last year and contributing to a deepening slide in home values, a research company said Tuesday.
Nationwide, 243,353 homes received at least one foreclosure-related filing in April, up 65 per cent from 147,708 in the same month last year and up four per cent since March, RealtyTrac Inc. said.