Roof drainage, anyone?

Adjacent house to a building I was inspection. The downspout drained about 5 feet above grade and there were signs of erosion of the masonry block foundation of the house.

Can I get a “Duh”? :shock:

DSCF5723.JPG

Sweet!

There is one in downtown where the downspout stops about 10’ about the sidewallk :shock::shock::shock::mrgreen:

– bz

DUHHHHHH!! :roll: Hey Will, maybe you could sell them a downspout “Stretcher” !!:wink:

I get emails all the time about stretching my downspout, must be big business.

tom

Geeze Will, the poor guy said the 90 does not fit the other direction. ha. ha.

Marcel :slight_smile: :wink:

That reminds me… There is a home near where I keep my horse that has a downspout that terminates just above the Electrical Meter.

Matt, are they trying to ice out the meter so it will stop spinning? ha. ha.

That is funny.

Marcel :slight_smile: :smiley:

PLEASE!!! Get me a picture of that, would you?

Well I gave him a greenie in the hopes of a picture. So I should get one first … if he is willing to share. :mrgreen:

What do you think of that?

OH, that is not “right on top” of the meter. It has an elbow.

You are way too picky :mrgreen:

(PLEASE NOTE: The above is sarcasm and a joke.)

The first time I saw it I was driving by. Didnt see the elbow before. but I think I would still make note of it.

Funny

There’s enough rust on that lower box to justify a note in the report. “Clean gutters fall and spring” is always in there. “Reposition downspout above the electrical meters” doesn’t sound too scary, …does it? :stuck_out_tongue:

“…ready for hydroelectric cogeneration.”

Matt, I think, I would call it out too, just judging from the looks of the Main Dissconnect below.

If the downspout 90 is protectecting the meter, well I think the runoff of the roof above have contributed to the problem too. ha. ha. :wink:

Marcel :slight_smile: :smiley: