Roof sheathing issue

I believe the panel is pulling up at the corner, or at least thats what it looks like, maybe also a loose or missing fastener, anyone seen this before and can help me out please?

Could you see loose sheathing from the other side Joe?
Sure looks like it.

could not get to other side, tall building - only access to roof was off a 2nd floor balcony. It sure does look like a corner of particleboard that warped at corner does it not? This is a 2 1/2 year old roof- I’m gonna ask client to get receipt/ warranty info for roof job- maybe have roofer answer this question…

Also missing underlayment, you can see.

Looks like more than one layer of shingles from the picture

There should be drip edge flashing under that shingle. You shouldn’t be able to see the sheathing. I had a home Thursday with the same issue. I’ve got pics on my laptop.

i9.jpg

i4.jpg

Yeah, i know - that was also noted in the report. Crazy that this roof was just 2 1/2 years old supposedly. The home had been in progress with a lot of updates and remodeling construction and apparently they were running out of funds. It was a pretty unique situation in that the person buying it was helping the present owner to keep it after they has sunk money into it. Sad how economy is effecting lives, but heartening to see people not give up.

The one I posted pictures of was a foreclosure of a 100 year old home that was on the market for $800,000. The floors were sagging(but new), attic was converted into a master suite and had poor insulation and HVAC etc. In the report, I blamed everything on George Bush.:wink:

Agreed. Needs a drip edge.