Roofing behind the redwood curtain

Wide chimney at the base of the roof with no cricket/saddle and no kick-out flashing. (This is a rain forest, why would you need those things here?).
To top it off, I guess to save money on one section of gutter, just install flashing to divert a portion of the roof water right to the center of the chimney. :twisted:

PB240781.JPG

PB240780.JPG

PB240783.JPG

PB240780.JPG

Was the garage door down there beside the chimney. I guess when someone told them to install a runoff diverter they misunderstood.

The strange thing is, there was nothing there, just a side of the house that was not big enough to be useful. It had just been re-roofed too and the roofers just re-installed the diverter flashing in the same place. The rest of the house had decent gutters. I think the original builder didn’t want to pay for a gutter for that small section.

PB240804.JPG

PB240804.JPG

PB240804.JPG

PB240804.JPG

Incredible Ralph…the whole shebang is screwed up, as you well know.

I would state to have a Roofing Contractor with a Brain reinstall the Missing-Step-Flashing-Missing-Cricket-Kick-Out Flashing-Gutter, CORRECTLY…!

Thanks Dale,
It doesn’t look quite as bad as some of the screwed up kickout’s you had pictures of on the kickout thread.
Part of the problem around the chimney is because they installed hardi plank over LP siding.