Standing seam on low slope with lead flshing

I came across this roof and honestly don’t know that much about standing seam and proper flshing methods for them, the roofer used lead flshing around some penetrations and used silicone caulk on others.
In my opinion the penetrations should be booted and sealed to the deck with a proper sealant for outdoor roof use.

What say you experiened inspectors.

becky knight 010 (Small).jpg

becky knight 009 (Small).jpg

becky knight 012 (Small).jpg

None of the depictions in your photos are right. Good call.

Try this link:
http://www.copper.org/applications/architecture/arch_dhb/flashings_copings/roof_penetrations.html

I know it’s from a copper site but the diagrams show proper installation details. I use these links for many metal roof examples for clients and builders. A picture or diagram simplifies explantions.

Flashings are designed to be the moisture barrier for penetrations and go under roofing material on the high side and over roofing material on the low side, just like shingles. Ribbed roofing requires specially constructed ribbed flashing.

Sealant of any type for any application should never be considered as flashing material or permanent moisture barrier. IT WILL FAIL and needs to be monitored for removal and reapplication, this rarely happens before a leak occurs.

Just wondering

What’s the slope of this low slope?
Is this a residence or a commercial bldg?
Unlike copper, if those are steel pans then soldering is not an option

It is a residence and the roof is either 2/12 or 3/12, didn’t have my pitch guage with me that day.
:roll:

That is a very low quality unprofessional job as others have posted there are proper products for these installations. Someone was cutting corners or was ignorant.