Vinyl Siding

As you can see from the picture the siding isnt quite right. How would you report this condition.

This is a townhome so the association may be the responsable party.

Dave

65106 Brunswich 003 (Small).jpg

Hi Dave,

That picturing worries me a bit as it does not appear to be a typical issue of the siding being nailed to tight. There appears to be a step in the wall, maybe from seperation of the sheathing from the stud.

I would recommend further evaluation of the siding to determin the cause of failure.

Regards

Gerry

I agree with Gerry it does look strange . I wonder could there have been a BBQ there at on time the wall almost looks like it could have been heated in that area . .

The more I hear,
the more I see!
NACHI is the one for me !
Roy Cooke R.H.I. Royshomeinspection.com
A HAPPY NACHI MEMBER,… More find this out ever day!

I think it could be due to the fact that the siding was not cut “loose” enough at the ends for floating… Too tight a fit in the channels at the end with no room for expansion and contraction. Perhaps nailing pattern is incorrect too. Did you check the other side and see if it floats a bit? What side of the house is it (facing)?:wink:

Hmmm …Another thing too… What about the A/C compressor location?? I am starting to think this maybe more than just nailing pattern / cut / fit here… Is this possibly due to the compressor blowing very hot air at this very location and cheap siding…hmmmm

Patrick beat me to what I thought the instant I saw the condenser unit sitting that close to the siding. Often the air temp coming off the unit can get pretty high for sustained periods of time, especially in mid summer when it can run all day long. If Im not wrong a lot of vinyl siding is made of PVC and it very prone to warping after prolonged exposure to even moderate temperatures. I watched some plumbers once bent some PVC pipe using the exhaust pipe on a truck because they had forgotten to get a full tank of gas for their torch. Crude but appeared to be effective.

I hate vinyl siding. I say just replace it all. . . :stuck_out_tongue:

…with more vinyl siding???

I also do not care for the stuff.:twisted:

Good call I have to agree more then likly expansion and sag from the AC unit.
The more I hear,
the more I see!
NACHI is the one for me !
Roy Cooke R.H.I. Royshomeinspection.com
A HAPPY NACHI MEMBER,… More find this out ever day!

Hi. Roy;

Although, pictures are somewhat deceiving and don’t clarify the whole scenery, I would have to comment that the siding was nailed to tight when installed, and fitted to tight at the J-channels. Hard to tell from a small picture. If you look under the buckled sheets of siding and it is unhooked, that would be an obvious explanation to the nailing of the Product to tight.

Substrate installation, improper? Just a note.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
</IMG></IMG>

sorry but i gatta go with Gerry on this one. there’s just too much siding with the same “bumb” in the same vertical line to say loose nailing. that show similar, but more randomly. i can clearly see that something is goin on under the siding. but what??? could this be a modular or pre-fab?? is that the joint for the 2 halfs? or maybe and addition that’s not quite true???

Vinal siding sucks and in this case I would recomend replacement and or further bla, bla, bla…

I kinda agree, but i don’t think the siding is the issue, so removing it isn’t the solution either. remove it, fix the problem, reinstall or replace.

That was my first thought also Jay, but I’ve never seen a double wide condo :wink:

Regards

Gerry

maybe a yuppie redneck?:mrgreen:

I absolutely love vinyl siding. . . .

. . . .as long as it’s on a crooked politicians’ house.
Wait.
They’re all crooked.
Well, then, they should all have vinyl siding on their houses. :smiley:

I believe that our tax dollars will allow them to have much more than you and I.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile: