Just repaint the room please...

I’d hate to be this builder. Look at the “defects” the buyer has marked with painters tape. (It all looked pretty good to me.)

110308 073 [640x480].JPG 110308 074 [640x480].JPG 110308 075 [640x480].JPG

They bought $.25 manufactured (crap flooring) scrap pressboard base with quarter-round too boot?

May as well leave the tape, it actually adds something to the rooms—:smiley:

There are perfectionists…then there are PITA’s

Why do people put that 1/4 round crap on? :frowning:

I do not like the really tape happy clients myself either Joe.

Joe
years ago i had a customer hire me to put a parquet floor in a large entrance foyer… they were not home when i finished the job, but when i got back to my office that evening i had a message on my answering machine about How unhappy She was with the floor…i called immediately and said i would be right over…when i got there and they opened the door i could see that there were no less than 100 pieces of tape on the floor apparently indicating the spots She was unhappy with…without missing a beat i said …well i can see your problem…someone stuck a whole bunch of tape on your floor…it got a bit better after that…some people just have to complain…jim

Was doing an inspection for a lady who happen to be a psychiatrist (single, mid 30s) who was having her home built by a spec home builder (wrong move) and she could spot a paint blemish from the parking lot where she worked. She once called me over to look a brick that she swore one of the workers smashed a cigarette out on cause it “burned a hole in the brick”. It was a extremely tiny blemish where a piece of the dross or another impurity had burned out during the firing process. It was about the size of a match head but you could see where it had burned out. She was livid and told me she had told the site super she did not want anyone even smoking on the lot. She was a very attractive lady but her butt was so tight you could not have driven a hat pin up it with a wooden mallet.

Inspected another new home for a guy yesterday. First time home buyer. Prior to the inspection he faxed me 10 pages (yes 10) of photos. Each photo was meticulously labeled with statements such as “1.0: Scratch on door knob. 2.0 Carpet is fizzed in corner of 2nd bedroom. 3.0: Paint blemish in corner of kitchen cabinet shelf.” I swear its true! On top of that, he called me 3 times on Sunday wanting to discuss the upcoming inspection and to get clarification on statements in my Agreement. House was on a slab. Turned out to be in decent shape from a national tract home builder.

He used a half a toner cartridge of my printer faxing me those photos!

Inspected another new home for a guy yesterday. First time home buyer. Prior to the inspection he faxed me 10 pages (yes 10) of photos. Each photo was meticulously labeled with statements such as “1.0: Scratch on door knob. 2.0 Carpet is fizzed in corner of 2nd bedroom. 3.0: Paint blemish in corner of kitchen cabinet shelf.” I swear its true! On top of that, he called me 3 times on Sunday wanting to discuss the upcoming inspection and to get clarification on statements in my Agreement. House was on a slab. Turned out to be in decent shape from a national tract home builder.

He used a half a toner cartridge of my printer faxing me those photos!

If at all possible would rather do a one year warranty inspection than a move in inspection.

I quit doing phase inspections altogether, due to the amount of grief involved.

Great reponse!! I’m going to remember that in case I get the opportunity to use it!!

Ain’t it so!!!

Too funny!

I agree, their definitely not worth the headache or the money involved, which is generally no where near the amount needed to ward off the headache—:twisted:

Idiots like that don’t realize that removing that tape will do more damage than what is already there.

I’ve been told that is a tip off something ‘changed’. Either a communication problem, or a client who changed their mind. Visualized this. The room is trimmed with molding for carpet. Painted, and then the client wants hard wood floors. Now you use quarter round to cover the gap around the floor. Easier than pulling molding.

tom

Joe,

I know a builder who removes the tape and moves on without fixing anything, he told me most folks don’t come back and even check . . . if he’s fixed anything. Go figure.

Interesting…that never even occurred to me, to do that…or not do that. :neutral: