240V Wall Heater within 10 inches of Bath/Shower

This doesn’t seem okay, but I can’t find a citation proving my instinct. Thoughts? Thanks a lot.

No harm and no foul. It is okay being there

Agreed but very stupid
Not everything needs a code.
Does it look like wet towels will drip on it ? or that you could burn your leg.?

You do not need a stinking code. (you got a badge)

Consumer Protection in Real Estate.Now say it out loud!

Remember developers follow code too.:slight_smile:
!

If it is not under a towel bar I see no problem with it. Many bathrooms are so small that these things can’t be avoided.

probably shouldn’t lick it though…:roll:

Why not?

burnt tongue ???:roll::roll::roll:

You all stop this right now! I have tears dripping off my glasses and can’t see the letters so I can type

Make sure to watch for heaters that are blocked when the door is opened. I find that the manufacturer’s rules for clearance requirement are frequently broken in small bathrooms.

Robert:

I have a 1500 watt unit that extends under the tank of a water closet. I try very hard not to touch it when I sit and have a … and aim very accurately when standing!!

I’m not trying to be a jerk here, but what would the issue be with touching it???
That heater is no different from any newer light fixture (ie: grounded) or appliance in your house.
Do you not touch your refrigerator? How do you get your beer? 600v insulated gloves?

All I am trying to do here is clear up some misconceptions.

and I was joking about some misconceptions!!!

Oh, OK. Sorry, I didn’t read it that way. :oops:

I bet you wash those same towels, with water, in an electric washing machine. You might even take those same towels from the electric washing machine and transfer them, while still wet, to your electric clothes dryer. Your hot water might even come from a tank full of water with submersed electric heating elements. I’ve never dried off after a shower and had the towel so wet that it would drip anything anyhow.

People tend to be scared of things they don’t fully comprehend, and your response demonstrates as much. Some unknowledgeable folks seem to think that a drop of water transforms electrons into a gremlin that will jump out a gnaw your leg off.

As far as burning your leg, don’t you think that would be true with any electric heater, without regard to where it’s mounted in your house? Seriously, you’d have to be actually touching it for a good while to burn yourself.

I have, myself, mounted wall heaters similarly close to a tub or shower. Sometimes due to lack of real estate, other times as a matter of customer preference. If the tub is a jetted tub, I typically extend the equipotential bonding wire from the tub pump to the heater’s back-box, but only because it makes me feel better to do so and not because I feel the code would necessarily compel me to do that.

It is very typical I do see that in Europe do the same thing as well but a catch what we don’t do on 240 v system here is the RCD { GFCI } requirement that the only differnce.

{ How I do know this ? C’est simple I do live in France and I have a second home there so I am very famuir with their codes }

Merci,Marc

And haven’t you ALL grabbed a blow dryer, and while STILL in the tub, dried your hair? Saves time…out of the tub, hair is dry. What could possibly go wrong?