Ceiling fan remote controlling can lights

The ceiling fan remote switch in a bedroom was controlling two incandescent can light fixtures. Is there a limit to how much power these electronic switches can tolerate? There was 80W bulbs in the two cans. These typically would control the lights on the fan itself.

](javascript:openFeatureFlex(‘http://cache.vendaria.com/vpop/VpopX.html?bg=D6D7A5&nm=BZOpener&err=0&title=Demo&pf=t&fr=t&iid=jmIkUFkQcffdQVeUajbacdkfffaijkQgQji&purl=sys_homedepot_uid_202783102&uid=202783102&cf=3000’,’’,‘768’,'705’,true,false,false,false,false,false))

](javascript:openFeatureFlex(’’,‘vpop’,‘768’,‘705’,true,false,false,false,false,false):wink:
](javascript:openFeatureFlex(’’,‘vpop’,‘768’,‘705’,true,false,false,false,false,false):wink:

**Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Remote Control **

Model # 70830

**[FONT=TimesNewRomanPS-BoldMT][size=1]NOTICE!
**[/size][/FONT][FONT=TimesNewRomanPSMT][size=1]Your ceiling fan and light kit assembly must meet the following requirements:

1. Do not use with solid state fans.
  2. Electrical rating: 120V / 60 Hz
    MAX. motor amps:1.0 A
    MAX. light watts: 300 W

I don’t know which one you have.
[/size][/FONT]

Thanks John. I hadn’t thought about looking up to see if I could find an owners manual for the remote. I did and found that it was a Casablanca Adapt Touch Remote Control model W-52. The owners manual here says controlling an incandescent lighting fixture is a no-no!

From the owners manual:

“… To avoid overheating and possible damage to other equipment, do not install control to a receptacle, fluorescent light fixture, motor operated appliance, or transformer supplied appliance. Use only to control one paddle-blade ceiling fan and attached incandescent light fixture.”