Crawlspace Wires beneath the Kitchen!`

ok…I have guessed for years why there always seems to be coiled up wires beneath the kitchen floors in newer homes…visible from the crawlspace…

my theory is that this was provided for insulation, plumbing and electrical contractors to hook up tools, lights, etc in the crawlspace while the home was being built…

am I wrong? right?

hmmm

Future appliances that never got installed; crawl space lighting/receptacle that never got installed; extra/spare circuits; etc.

I highly doubt it was for constrcution power.

Who knows what these wires were used for but they need to be secured.

Nonmetallic sheathed cable shall be secured by staples, cable ties, straps, or similar fittings so designed and installed as to not damage the cable. Where staples are used for cable sizes smaller than three 8 AWG conductors, they shall be of the insulated type, or listed noninsulated staples driven by staple guns shall be permitted. Cable shall be secured in place at intervals not exceeding 1.4 m (4½ ft) and within 300 mm (12 in.) from every cabinet, box, or fitting. For other than within 300 mm (12 in.) of a cable termination at a cabinet, box, or fitting, cables passing through successive holes in adjacent framing members no more than 600 mm (24 in.) apart shall be considered to be secured.

Where are you getting your information?

Massachusetts Electrical Code.

That certainly isn’t from the NEC.

I never stated that it was!!!

Well when I see a code quoted that way I guess I incorrectly assume it is some sort of widely accepted national code.

On the flip side, if I qote a code I say where it is from. I don’t just quote some locally amended code with no description that it is local to me.

Someone from Oregon could be reading it and get the wrong idea of what is reqired becasue I posted my local amendments.

I apologize for not being as PERFECT as you are.

Municipal code always supercedes National code.

Now that is just an immature statement David. Stop trying to create negative issues where none exist.
This is simply a professional conversation, or so I thought.

I agree, which is why it should be make known when quoting a certain code.

I see this all the time on boards where we DO quote code all the time. Guys forget that their local code is not everyone else’s.

Don’t you have better things to do than to expose yourself to humility and act immature?

I BEG YOU…GROW UP !!!

In case you decide to continue with your childish behaviors and reply w/ another immature answer…I’m done w/ you.

Yup, I had a feeling I was wrong.