Demand control?

I’m pretty sure that’s what these are… except I usually find them in a panel with a circuit board instead of in the main panel.

DSC02412.JPG

Hi,

It seems to me that using liquid type compression kits on the lines is a bit of overkill. Just using Burndy crimp on barrels with heat shrink would have done the trick and it wouldn’t have taken up so much space. Do you even have room for breakers? :slight_smile:

The box is non weatherproof, this makes the use of the kits an even worse decision, no to mention the cost of them.

Mike :wink:

PS: Where’s the duct seal in the conduit? :slight_smile:

What Mike said.
Check this link. “NSI Polaris Bug” is what Marc Shunk calls them, and that’s how I found this webpage.

http://www.tork.com/electrical/productdetail.aspx

Used to connect large diam conductors or in this case, reduce the size to something that will fit the breaker correctly.

We learn a lot from Marc and Speedy Pete. Somebody should just give them member status so they can post again.

John Kogel
www.allsafehome.ca

This is a Seimens Type 3R rated for exterior use.

This is a liquid type compression kit? What’s that? So… these are just splices because the main conductors were too short?
Only one breaker in this panel… the main.
Duct seal?

Kenton,

This is a spliced cable in order to place the panel in another location.

Hi Kenton,

The box didn’t look like a weatherproof one sorry about that.

I’m sure that the intention was to lengthen the cables. It’s just that it’s quite the splicing kit for sure, they look suitable enough for direct burial.

I was kidding about the space for the breakers. Although this panel can accept more. :wink:

The conduits should have some sealer where the straight connectors are in case water ever did get in and ran into the dwelling. Just an extra safety precaution.

Mike

It appears that the lugs tapping off of the bus at the bottom of the panel are just bolted on. I would venture to say the panel isn’t UL listed as a feed through panel.

The Splice was used to reduce the size of the conductor to fit under the lugs. This appears to be an attempt to install a outdoor main for the sub panel, as Randell stated I would not think this is a list application. I would have thought a Listed WP disconnect would have been cheaper.

There are several items pictured there. On the end of the large diameter conductors is a reducer, which I believe is the MacAdapt brand. It’s the sleeve like terminal on the end of the big feeder conductors. That connects into a Polaris bug to go to the main breaker’s lugs with a right-sized conductor. Looks like they’ve got a subfeed coming off the subfeed lugs. I’d almost bet money this is a mobile home pedestal, eh?