Electric Shower head

A friend sent me this picture. It was taken in Brazil. Has anyone ever seen a shower head like this? What does the electricity even do?

I’ve seen those a few times. Mostly out of the US but they are point of use hot water heaters. Most are 220v.

It kills people…that’s what it does with product garbage like those. In my opinion of course.

Would that product be allowed in the USA Paul ?

240V power shower! Cool :smiley:

Why is this any different than a remote water heater with a submerged electric heating element or a spa tub with an inline heating element?

Buy one on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Tankless-Showerhead-Electric-Shower-Nipple/dp/B0073A0SRU/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_1_2

Note the manufacturer…
http://www.productoracoral.com/services.htm

Did you notice the egc is not even connected?

Ahhh.Steve…i think you missed the OPEN splices part if the equation…not the device itself.

Bob…it might if listed but the way it is connected is the real concern.

Yeah that particular one is a no brainier …Paul.

I saw the splices. I was referring to your “product garbage” statement not the installation as shown. :wink:

Yes! I showered everyday under one of those when I was in brazil for a month. It was quite nerve racking. Ah, fond memories.

They heat the water based on the flow rate so if you crank up the flow the water gets cool real quick. I usually showered under a trickle so the water would be hot.

Electrifying shower at the least huh!:slight_smile:

Notice my statement Steve…My Opinion. I know the election is over but guess what…1) thats not a product i represent and 2) i feel those items are garbage due to nature of how they get wired and the potential for danger. Here is an interesting prospect…My Opinion, why can’t I have one…everyone else does?

Opinions are great. I am merely trying to figure your’s out. First it was product garbage, then it was the installation, now it is product garbage again.

I agree that installation would be the biggest issue but my original question still stands. What is so different about this unit (other than the potential for sloppy installation) when compared to an electric water heater or spa heater, both with submerged heating elements? Proximity? Plastic materials? I am just trying to learn what is in that great mind of yours. :wink:

You are a word twister…anyone who knows me ( and I thought you did) would clearly see my opinion. The device is garbage…the method of connection is garbage…the whole thing is garbage. Look at it…it looks like garbage…is my opinion clear enough for you Steve?

The difference…in my shower…and that’s my opinion…live with it dude…lol

I don’t have to worry about someone in my family touching it…being curious about the wiring and so on. Stop taking everything literally my friend…when something is garbage it’s the whole package deal…how works is only one part. If you want to use 10 of them in your house knock yourself out…not in my home.