Grounding at meter

The electrical box is grounded at the meter on the street side, not on the house side, is this a problem? My instincts tell me it should be both, because if there is a wire touching any plumping, Ouch or even death correct?

Gary, if the pipe house side is metal, it should be bonded somewhere. Jumping the meter is a good idea and may be redundant if it is bonded elsewhere. The current location of the ground connection is proper and the bonding of the hot/cold water metal pipes is the unknown. (funny colored water pipe----painted copper?)

Yea it is painted black. There is no bonding on the house side of the meter. Is this a concern?

Yes, if the plumbing system is metal then it must be bonded.

If the pipe is bonded on the inlet side, and there is a bronze (conductive)water meter housing, then why would additional bonding be necessary on the supply side?
I don’t see anything restricting or isolating the bonding through the meter.

Unions…Unions…Unions…Lets say for a second that all the plumbing in the house is well…plastic ( for argument sake ) and the required GES goes to that water pipe which is 10’ in the earth ( need to qualify that )…now…if that meter was removed because of the unions…would the GES be comprimised…?

Ok…answer that question and understand why a bonding jumper across that meter might be needed…

Now…if it is bonded somewhere else…are we ok…well considering Bonding is different than the required grounding…the wire running to that water pipe if it is the GES has nothing to do with clearing a fault like a Bonding conductor would…so…if bonded somewhere else would it remove the requirement to the GES which is in place?

Best method of approach is…run it like they did here for the GES if that is what it is…and then put a bonding jumper over it…bonding BOTH sides of that ensures compliance with 250.68(B) of a required effective grounding path for the grounding electrode being used ( ie: The water pipe )

That installation is fine…I wanted to show below WHAT if the GEC was run to the WRONG side of the meter…

Unions…Unions…Unions…Lets say for a second that all the plumbing in the house is well…plastic ( for argument sake ) and the required GES goes to that water pipe which is 10’ in the earth ( need to qualify that )…now…if that meter was removed because of the unions…would the GES be comprimised…? and lets say it was run to the left side of that water meter in the picture…just for educational sake.

Ok…answer that question and understand why a bonding jumper across that meter might be needed…

Now…if it is bonded somewhere else…are we ok…well considering Bonding is different than the required grounding…the wire running to that water pipe if it is the GES has nothing to do with clearing a fault like a Bonding conductor would…so…if bonded somewhere else would it remove the requirement to the GES which is in place, not if installed on the WRONG side of the water meter…lol…?

bonding BOTH sides of that ensures compliance with 250.68(B) of a required effective grounding path for the grounding electrode being used ( ie: The water pipe ) if they run to the wrong side of that water meter.