Here's the advertisement for aluminum wire first 58?

First in 1958?

Who was this old fart electrician here?

Looks like one of those Old Guys over on the Canadian side of the country!

lol lol lol he he he! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes thats me and I still have that pouch and some of the tools and about ** lbs I do not need .
Roy Cooke

That’s pretty neat Roy. I wish we were still in that era. I think things were alot simpler then. Maybe not perfect, but nicer.

No I think today is the best days of my life and tomorrow will even be better.
I live for the future not the past .
It was great while then but today is greater

Roy Cooke

lol…he was not old then Joe…but he is old now…and most probably dead…lol

Wait…is that YOU ROY…:slight_smile:

I just checked, 1956 was the year marked on the page in the advertisement. I always have fun showing this image, PPE? Huh? what’s that?

The image show a few defects.

Can you recognize which ones they are.

I remember Kaiser pimping aluminum on the old Warner Brothers shows (Maverick, 77 Sunset Strip etc). They were still selling Jeeps too.

No it is not me, it is my Brother and he is dead .
My other Brother is also a retired Electrician
and my son is also a electrician.
And we all look alike

Roy Cooke

You got it right Roy. I always say look thru the windshield, you’ll never get anywhere looking in the rear view mirror.

Joe

Be nice. tO US CANADIANS, I was only 3 at that time, boy I feel younger.

I think you have blinders on.

lol…man I would have to be really going through a hang over to cite any code violations on a poor guy who was doing some work back before I was freakin born…lol…(OPPS…thanks MARC…I got Non-Metalic Cable on the BRAIN for some reason…I said 12" support from box…lol…go figure…hell I am grasping. )

Plus I would like to know where he plans on terminating those conductors coming in on the right…lol…already has the three on the left to go to the fused terminals…hmmm…possible our FIRST image of a historic DOUBLE tap before it happens…NEWS FLASH…Roy’s family created the FIRST potential double tap…seen here…before it happened…:slight_smile:

Wonder if those old disconnects had air gap space behind them…heck I don’t know…man it’s black and white…thats the first defect…GOD i thank you for modern pictures…oh and you to Mr. Kodak

Man…I just am WRONG…on so many levels today…sigh…Damn Grey Goose !

With apologies to Sir Paul, I believe Grey Goose is out with Morse Moose today. :margarit:

Nope…

From the '05 NEC 344.30(A) *“…*RMC shall be securely fastened within 900 mm (3 ft) of each outlet box, junction box, device box, cabinet, conduit body, or other conduit termination.”

If this brochure was dated 1956, the 1953 NEC would likely have been in force at the time the photograph was taken.

From the '53 NEC 3004 “…Raceways, cable assemblies, boxes, cabinets and fittings shall, unless otherwise provided, be securely fastened in place.”

lol…Grasping fella…Grasping…lol

Not in 2005 when that picture was taken…lol… dang I thought they used to have it 12" back in those days…go figure they had NO distance listed…Ahhh…thanks Marc…lol

Thanks…I edited it…I have Non-Metalic on the brain for some reason…We had (2) 400A service upgrades going on Friday…and I was doing one…and my helper/electrician was doing the other…well…mine was done…lol…I wont go into the other one…lol

So I will clean it up for him on Monday…:slight_smile:

See…thats what the old folks are great for…letting us young whipper snappers know what was what in days long gone bye. I so want to start collecting some old code books…finding old stuff interesting as of late…

Marc…what violations do you see in it…to be honest with you…I can’t see the image very well…neat stuff…old stuff.

Jeff Pope sent me a neat notice that was in an old Zinsco panel…said to destroy the instructions after installation…rather interesting

hmmm…Marc was it 1956 NEC…I think it says that in the article…not sure however…any idea what year they started listing support distances?