LARGE junction box

Is there a limit to the number of appvoved connections that can be made in these situations (old panel box used when installing new panel at different location). New 200 amp panel recently installed. If this is indeed excessive what kind of wording do some of you have for this…Thanks Chris

Doesn’t look overfilled to me.

Agree, but some grounding conductors appear to need adequate connectors.

Didn’t say there wasn’t problems :wink:

Thats good…just looked sloppy …ground wires tangled with hot/neu…Some ends just taped up…Nothing was grounded at this property. I am sure that is just the original remaining (non grounded) runs that weren’t changed out…thanks for your opinion.

I didn’t mean to insinuate anything by the lack of adequate connectors issue. I’m sure there may be others. :slight_smile:

I know you didn’t Larry. Hence the wink

Sometimes the questioner only want his question answered so I start there.

I’m sure we can beat this to death will a little effort :wink:

Let’s get KEVIN in on this. Maybe it’s in a closet. That should help.:stuck_out_tongue:

I am still watching you Michael!
I am still waiting for the phone call from the top and no I am not talking Nick.
Make sure to look for any knock outs missing up at the top. This cannot be seen by your picture.

This box may be considered a closet in *some *countries. :twisted:

http://www.nachi.org/forum/attachments/f19/57102d1342888826t-large-junction-box-img_1508.jpg

Keep watching and waiting.

Let me know when I have lied about you.

Take responsibility for your own crap. Get it?

And Grow up.

Sorry, I missed that winker.
Carry on…:smiley:

Depending on the length of those conductors exiting in the bottom raceways you could have derating issues too.

Yes, there are limits. If the limits are exceeded, I’d say “there are too many wires in the box”.

Typically how would you know if the limit has been exceeded? Would you eyeball it or would you do a fill calculation?

Maybe he uses this;

:wink:

That second one is good if the conductors are all the same size otherwise you need to calculate. :smiley: