Panelboard labeling example for the seriously OCD

Look at it carefully. Homeowner was in the Navy. (Double-click to bring up the image correctly.)

“Foyer: 3 wall plugs on N&S walls”, “2 foyer ceiling lites” Etc.

very nice

I wonder if todays kids can even read it?

That’s pretty good. I would have to say this is only moderately OCD. The seriously OCD subject would do it up in Excel and print it, and laminate it, and then only after having his electrician approve it.

I had one that was laminated and he color coded the legend and breakers to match. With that much detail I thought they tripped the breakers a lot. Then I saw their closet. It was like inspecting the house Monk lived in. For those that don’t know who Monk is…Google it.

I had a landlord woman that drew an outline around here shelved, table-topped, coffee tables, etc., so when she dusted she could put them back exactly where she wanted them.

She tried to give me a check back because it had “One hundred dollars even” written out instead of “One hundred dollars and 00/100” or some such.

She was a hoot! :mrgreen:

Yes, color coding is essential, along with the lamination. It’s also important to use colored tape to mark the termination of unused conductors.

Never considered myself OCD…:neutral:

Color blind people should be considered too… just sayin’ :wink:

This is one of mine from a house with a backup portable generator color coded for critical and optional loads.

CDO = OCD, but with the letters alphabetically properly arranged as they should be.