power bars

Can they be used in place of GFCI for construction sites operating small power tools?

What do you think?

Some areas may inspect saw service but here they do not.

THAT SUPRISES ME BRUCE,IN S.C.YOU NEED GFCI IN GARAGE BUT NOT ON CONSTRUCTION SITE WITH SMALL POWER TOOLS.MAYBE BECAUSE THEY ARE DOUBLE INSULATED?

If OSHA stopped by they might…:smiley:

You do need GFCI protection on a job site. It gets inspected when they set the temp power pole. All 15 and 20a 120v circuits must be GFCI. OSHA also requires GFCI whenever an employee uses power tools … anywhere. There are really no exceptions. That is the real purpose for these strips, assuming they have GFCI protection. Around here they usually just set the house panel and install a single garage GFCI for the trades as soon as the roof is black. Later the rest of the circuits get installed into the panel on the electrical trim.
My wife does not set temp poles and the trades use a generator until the TUG and service is installed to the house. Most of the work, up to this point, is not really something they need electric power for on a CBS house.

I worked for OSHA in SC for 4 years inspecting construction sites (large and small). We always inspected temp. power. GFCI is required; whether or not you use double-insulated tools.