service bond question

1964 home has had a new meter installed, there is a new ground/bonding wire installed as well, The have it run down the wall, under ground and over to an exterior copper water spigot. The question is that the water service comes in from the other side of the house. so in effect the bond has to travel through the entire house before it reaches earth.
To compound the issue for me is that I have the suspicion that the plumbing to the side of the house with the spigot has been re routed through the attic.

So long story short answer, is this the preferable method of bonding?

The piping has to be bonded within 5’ of the service entrance, but water piping cannot be the sole electrode in today’s code book.

The “preferable” method is a Ufer ground.

Based on the info you’ve provided, it’s likely that the current GE is inadequate. You should recommend a supplemental GE, such as a ground-rod.

Thanks guys, That is what I wrote, not to mention the zinsco panel that has a split 100 amp main, the left side was dead, someone had previously replaced the jumper from the main breaker to the left side buss with a 2.0 wire that did not fit so they cut back some of the wire. etc, etc etc.

As Joe said the GEC connection to a water pipe electrode must be within 5’ of the entrance of the water pipe to the structure. That’s if the water pipe qualifies as an electrode. If not the metallic water piping system is required to be bonded. The bond is not limited to the 5’ rule and can be bonded anywhere. A water pipe electrode must be supplemented by at least one other electrode. Typically for a new service this would be two ground rods.