Air Q.E.R.V.- what a scam!!!

http://greendaddyproject.net/
http://www.hvac4pennies.com/

At the HVAC 4 Pennies site, listen to the teleconferences where people are getting sucked in!!! Amazing!!! How did we progress so far as a species???

Here’s some unbelievable info on their Q5 filter…

Our Filter, the complete answer:

The Q-5 filter that comes standard with all our central heating and cooling systems fulfills all the promises that other fancy filters do not and addresses a host of problems other filters do not.

The Q-5 filter is self-cleaning. That’s right, it cleans itself. You never clean it, replace it, or fool with it. It does this by a proprietary process that reconfigures all the air and solid particulates that go through it. What goes in as a piece of dust comes out as healthful breathable air rich in oxygen void of any contaminates. WHAT!!!

The Q-5 filter does not impede air flow like today’s conventional filters.
*Since there isn’t a collection of dust anywhere, the environment for explosive microbial growth does not exist like it does with a catch-all filter. Most people think the flu season is because of cold weather. Not directly true. Indirectly it plays a part in that the cold temperatures cause people to spend more time indoors. This longer exposure to the dirty air our central systems put out is what makes people sick. *

*To make matters worse modern building practices have continued to make our structures tighter. They do not breathe like constructions erected before 1973. Tighter building, infiltration of foul air, and incubated microbes in near perfect incubating conditions on the filter and coil make for a perfect environment to get sick. *

The Q-5 does everything a modern catch-all filter was intended to do, and much more.

The Q-5 also works in conjunction with our cooling and heating cores of the Air QERV. It* conditions** the air molecules to be able to receive more energy (cooling & heating). HUH!!!*

The Q-5 brings air back to life. This is key to balanced comfort with less needed air flow. The lively air infused with an abundance of either cooling & heating transfers this energy to other air molecules. This is the brilliance of the Q-5!

What the hell is “lively air”?

Isn’t the internet wonderful…more [FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=5]“[FONT=Comic Sans MS]web fiction”[/FONT] [/size]

[/FONT]

They’re still sucking poor folks in!!!

See the response from a “principal” to an e-mail question yesterday:

INITIAL POST:
"I have just seen two identical units (much like this one http://www.popularmechanics.com/home_journal/how_your_house_works/1275121.html)on one of the DIY shows on TV last weekend. The difference that I see is that they were exchanging the air in the house with fresh air from the outside. When the hot air from the inside was being exhausted out, it preheated the cool air coming in. Each of the homes had a heat source separate from the heat recovery ventilator.

Is your company associated with these units that are described in this article and already being sold?

or

Are you taking existing designs and improving upon them?

RESPONSE:
*"There is nothing in common with how our technology cools and heats air. For ease of assembly we have taken a readily available technology and put our magical cores and filter within it. The picture you see on the front page is of a typical HRV. Our looks exactly like it with just a couple of differences.

In short although we look just like a HRV we are nothing like one except for looks."*

Dude, it worked for Jack…and his magic beans…:wink:

:shock:I’ve been and HVAC contractor for 17 years & have never seen anything perform like the Air QERV which I witnessed last weekend. I put my meters and laser thermometer on it and was amazed at the readings. The unit was keeping a 1150 sq ft flat in Salt Lake City at 72F without any ducts while using only 2.5 amps. There was a 46f split! I did not have anything to gauge the performance of the filter but I was allowed to put about an ounce of baby power through the intake and saw with my own eyes the powder disappear. Were my eyes playing tricks on me? I can’t tell you for sure but I was allowed to open the cabinet and inspect it all I wanted to.

I went into this with the attitude I would be able to “expose” this as a scam. The only thing that was exposed was that my 17 years in the HVAC industry is all of a sudden mostly irrelevant. I was immediately faced with excitement and fear. What does this mean for my carreer and what does this mean for the world? Both questions have dramtic answers.

I saw no evidence of monkey business; that apart I still was left with more questions after I saw the QERV than before. I was introduced to a science and term, Casimir Effect http://www.davisgreenenergy.com/, that I had never heard of. The explanation seemed complete but not having a proper frame of reference I struggle with understanding how something that uses so little juice deliver so much power.

Our industry is about to change folks. Like it or not we will all be affected by this technology if they can keep from getting shot. I’ve had difficulting sleeping since. I was told that is a common sympton. I asked why they do not respond to the debunkings on the net. I was asked, “When we show the world this do you think all that mess is going to amount to anything?” I understood Paul’s stance through his impish grin.

I also saw two other devices based on the same technology that I was sworn to secrecy in both word and paper that frankly shook me. Our world has indeed changed and us in the HVAC business need to figure out how we are going to align ourselves with it. I can’t wag a finger at my former naysayer collegues; this defies science on a number of levels. I know what I saw though.

Mr. Raines,

Please tell a little about yourself and your affiliation with new new “magic” product.

As I shared on the post I’ve been a HVAC contractor for just over 17 years. I was referred to this by a friend at a recent trade show. I have made the president of the compnay, Paul, an offer to buy an exclussive agreement in the region of my business and in the Phiilipines where my father in-law is also a contractor. Paul rejected any kind fo exclussive in the US but is currently considering the Phiilipines part of the proposal.

Mind you, I went to meet him hoping for the best but expecting to “uncover” this as a massive haox. I don’t know exactly what we are dealing with here. I know it works though. My affiliation with Paul does not extend beyond a few phone calls and a 2 1/2 hour meeting recently. I hope he accepts my proposal.

There’s absolutely nothing I can say that will convince anyone of what I witnessed is real. They must see it it for themselves. Before they do though they should get an Rx for sleeping pills.

Mr. Raines,

How do you evaluate this statement?

*[size=6][size=3]2) How does it work?

Our unit’s magic is within our cores that produces all the heat and cooling needed without the need of a compressor or refrigerants. The filter deconstruct and reconstructs the air hundreds of times before the air molecules are infused with either heating and cooling. What goes in as particulate matter comes out as healthful breathable air. The processes are proprietary.[/size][/size]*

I can’t explain it Michael. I was shown a core which was made of two metal plates assembled together with what looked to be a polyporpolene gasket/adhesive holding it together. The total thickness was about 1/8". It was plugged in and was allowed to take some temp readings. One side was 320F and the other was 44F and both temps continued to go in the opposite direction. With a flip of the switch, changing polorization is what I was told, the hot and cold sides switched.

The filter is a real mystery. It could be alien technology as far as I’m concerned. I had no way to measure particulates, but the house the unit was operating in was dust free. I did not see any collection area and to accept their explanation is hard to swallow. I can’t prove them wrong either though. I can tell you the baby powder just seemed to dissapear before my eyes. “Magic” is not far from how I would describe it. Was I hoodwinked? only time will tell. I can’t explain it, but I’m willing to take a chance at greatness. If I am being scammed then I’m being fooled by a group of masters.

Paul answered every question directly and at times told me he could not reveal certain things.

Good luck Mr. Raines.

I listened to the teleconference this morning and did not find it o be useful. It contained serious factual errors(used CO2 instead of CO as a cause of death) a lot of health mumbo jumbo including electromagnetic field reductions(huh?) and air as a living thing. It was pseudo scientific in nature and was mostly telling people just what they want to hear and believe. This is the stuff of the snake oil salesmen.

IMHO you are about to be fleeced if you invest even a single dime in this tomfoolery.

Proceed with great caution.

Mike,
Let me say this first. I have not and will not place ANY money in Paul’s pockets until I get to see this unit in action. I have made plans on attending the Detroit MI demo on March 3. I have made arrangement with a HVAC client I have worked with, to also attend and TEST it as Paul stated that any one is welcome to. I will let you know what our findings are. That said…

I am always looking for means to:

1. Save my clients money
  2. Help the environment
  3. And not least, MAKE money

As I tell my kids and friend. You have to think outside of the box to make anything and everytjing happen. And the biggest thing, KEEP you money in your pockets unit you can prove it works

Mark and others,

Since I first became aware of this “magic” device I have been admittedly skeptical.

The more I look into it the more skeptical I have become.

Remember the old axiom, " If it Sounds too Good to be True… It Probably is! " ?

I think it applies here.

I wish this the device with all it’s claims was a reality. Time will certainly tell.

The profit potential of a real device like this is absolutely enormous as it would revolutionize heating and cooling and many other energy related areas.

The fact that they are try to build a network of investors/dealers increases my skepticism.

Why is everything they have done so low budget?

This should have been extremely easy to sell or get funding from a venture capitalist if a working demonstration model and test results were available but instead they are promoting this thing on the web and creating pay to play resellers.

I have read some of the science that supposedly makes this thing work and am not convinced.

Proceed with great caution and do let us know what you find out.

[quote=“mlarson, post:12, topic:35516”]

Mark and others,

Since I first became aware of this “magic” device I have been admittedly skeptical.

The more I look into it the more skeptical I have become.

Remember the old axiom, “if it’s too good to be true it probably isn’t” ?

I think it applies here.

I wish this the device with all it’s claims was a reality. Time will certainly tell.

The profit potential of a real device like this is absolutely enormous as it would revolutionize heating and cooling and many other energy related areas.

The fact that they are try to build a network of investors/dealers increases my skepticism.

Why is everything they have done so low budget?

This should have been extremely easy to sell or get funding from a venture capitalist if a working demonstration model and test results were available but instead they are promoting this thing on the web and creating pay to play resellers.

I have read some of the science that supposedly makes this thing work and am not convinced.

Mike,
I hear ya, but I am not finding on their site where they tell you that you have to give them money up front first to get to be a dealer? Can you send me the link where it says that? And a heads up, someone hacked their site, and it is down. They will have it back up soon with some new security meassure in place. I have given no money to them and I am signed up as a dealer. Like I said about, only time will tell
Proceed with great caution and do let us know what you find out.

http://greendaddyproject.net/investorrelations.html

[size=5][size=6][size=3]10) Do I have to buy a unit to sell these?
No you do not.

1. How many distributors are you going to allow?
    We intend to have this figured out by the time our launch arrives.

2. Does each dealer need to have their own merchant account?
    No, we will announce payment methodologies before our product launch as we are still working on them.

3. What is the time projections for units to be produced?
    We are making them now in a secret location and expect the unit to be rolling off a manufacturing line within the month.[/size][/size][/size]

Mike,
Thanks for the link. That link is for people who want to invest money into the project. It also tells you to go to the pre-dealers sign up page to sign up if you have not done so. So if you go to the dealers page, it does not ask for money to be a dealer. As I said, I have signed up, and I have not paid any money to be on this list. The link you gave is for investors. I can not blame anyone who is trying to start a project up with out asking for money help. As I tell people who are looking at stocks, or gambling. Do not play them if you do not have the money to lose…

I have listened and watched the videos on those sites and have found nothing convincing.

Something smells very ripe is all I am saying.

I predict that this will end in tears for many.

My opinion is worth at least what you paid for it. :wink:

LOL, Mike… I hear ya. It seems that all of our opinions here on the board are not worth anything any more. :shock: It is always nice to see someone who looks at something in another light. As I said earlier, I will let everyone know what I find out at the demo in Detroit MI.

Mike,

I started all this a week or so ago with the question of wanting interested individuals to contact me about an interest in direct sales to help with income during a downturn in the economy and for all of you to do some checking on your own. I must say this has gotten some activity. The bit about Co v-s Co2 I think was a miss slip of the tongue, I was going to correct him on that call as I was on it but it was hard to get a question in and I did not want to correct him in front of others. At this time I am much more comfortable with the company. They have just had a major cyber attack and have contracted a security company to add the necessary security. They also as others I have known will have personal charactor attacks as well. I guess time will tell what the future holds, It may surprise us more that we are comfortable with, but that’s life and we are all hoping for change, but in a good way.

Warren Porter
Porter’s Wisconsin Inspections, LLC
wport@wildblue.net

I’ll be eagerly awaiting your correspondence on this product that claims Star Trek like technology. I very seriously doubt it is legit, be VERY skeptical Mark. :wink:

Nick,
Thanks for your reply. I hear your concerns. As long as they do not ask for any money up front for this product I am very open minded about it. I am in the process of setting up a live demo here in Ohio after I was contacted and offered a change to do my own personal testing. Remember, Ford was told that his T was a fantasy. That going to space was a fantasy. Nick was told that this org would never be what is is today, but here it is. Get my drift. All I ask is that everyone keep a open mind and wait and see what happens.