Armstrong?

Serial #A20210JF
Would the age be 1972? A=70’s, the 2=72?

Thanks

Gary,

Try this, it’s about all I have for Armstrong. How are things down your way? Hope all is well.

Have a great day!,

Josh

http://www.armstrongair.com/contact.php

They’ve answered pretty fast in the past.

Newer units – (Serial Number) First two numbers equal manufacturing plant #, 2nd two are** year** and letter in fifth slot is month (A thru M minus I). So 5898 G 07568 would be Plant # 58, Year of MFR would be **1998 **and month would be July.

Not a bad guess. But there appears to be a letter missing, which may or may not affect the date. There should be three letters at the end. The first is the month, second is year, and third is place. The last number zero cannot be a letter O since there is no O month designation. Therefore, I believe the last letter is missing, which won’t affect us if that is so since the J then would stand for September and the F would be 1985. The missing letter at the end would be the place of manufacture.

Gary,

What is the model number?

Rray,

Would you post the date/year codes for this manufacturer?

Thanks

Found it:

Below is how to read the manufacture date for Armstrong, AirEase, Concord and Magic-Pak:

The manufacture date of your unit is part of the unit’s serial number. Your model and serial numbers may be located on the dataplate of the unit. On heat pumps and air conditioners the dataplate is located on the outdoor unit on the side where the lines come out of the unit and go into the home. On furnaces, depending on the furnace, the dataplate may be located in different locations. The dataplate may be located inside the cabinet, on the inside of the door of the furnace or located on the outside of the cabinet. The current serial number format is ten characters. The format is that the first four characters are numeric, the fifth character is alpha, and the last five characters are numeric. The year code is determined from the numbers in the 3rd and 4th position, which would be the last 2 digits of the calendar year (ex: 06=2006). The fifth character, which is alpha represents the month with A=January and M=December and but we do not use the letter I. An older format was nine characters. In this format the first character is alpha, the next five characters are numeric, the next character is alpha, the next character may be either alpha or numeric and the last character is alpha. In this format the alpha character in the 7th position represents the month with A=January and M=December and but we do not use the letter I. Position 8 represents the calendar year as shown below.
8=1978 9=1979 A=1980 B=1981 C=1982 D=1983 E=1984 F=1985 G=1986 H=1987 J=1988 K=1989
L=1990 M=1991N=1992 (Again we do not use the letter I.)

For Ducane:

Ducane uses two different formats on serial numbers. All of our serial numbers are ten characters. The most common format is all ten characters are numeric. In this format the numbers in position 7 and 8 indicate the calendar year and the numbers in position 9 and 10 indicate the week of the year. An example is XXXXXX9933 where the 99 would be 1999 and the 33 would be the 33rd week of the year (1999). The more recent format is ten characters. The format is that the first four characters are numeric, the fifth character is alpha, and the last five characters are numeric. The year code is determined from the numbers in the 3rd and 4th position, which would be the last 2 digits of the calendar year (ex: 06=2006). The fifth character which is alpha represents the month with A=January and M=December and but we do not use the letter I.