Bryant help

My Carson Dunlop reference guide is of no help. Can any of you professionals help? Bryant furnace Model:SE-G Serial#: 20Y319590 I need approximate age. They call it a Bryant Quiteline. Thanks in advance. A.J.

**Carrier, Bryant, Payne, Day & Night: **Recently (last 20 years or so) the first four numbers in the serial number represent the week and year. Previously, it was a complex series of letters and single digits. **Call 905 672-0860 if you get stuck.
It’s all I have.

I keep looking at that Ser # and something doesn’t seem right–I don’t know what it is, though.

Could that be 2DY31…??

For the past 15 - 20 years BDP used a 4 digit code system (the 1st 4 #s)
but I don’t recall letters before the 4 numbers.

If that applies here, you’re looking at 31st week of 1995.

If it’s older than that, a “D” could indicate 1973. There was no Y in the date designation.

Now, how old did the unit appear to be??

I hope you can make something of this–it’s the best I can do with that information.

Jae, The house was built in 1972 so I think you are correct sir!! Thank you so much

Disregard my last post. The house was built in 1972. The furnace is a monster but I am quite sure it’s been replaced at some time. My best guess is it’s around the mid eighties vintage. Im sure it is older than 1995 though. I am positive on the serial number. I make sure I at least get that right. Thanks for the help fellas.

It’s the original furnace. 20Y indicates the 20th week of 1971.

Thanks Russel, Been out all day and just got your info. Appreciated as always