Device function???

I recently inspected a home with an oil boiler. The home also had an air conditioner added post construction. While in the basement, I found this little guy. It was attached to an exterior thermometer. Does anyone know the function of this component, other than reading the outside temperature? Should the home owner know anything specific about it? Thanks for the help fellas.

I see you have not gone to control panel and added your information , Top left please do it so we know where you are .

Looks like you did not try google to see what this is . I went to google and got this information .

PC705-2 - Taco PC705-2 - Taco PC705 Variable Speed Pump Control

× Product 360°

× MAP Price

There is a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) allowed by the manufacturer on this product. Add item to cart for lowest price.       

Close

× Lead Content Warning

This product does not comply with the Safe Drinking Water Act, which requires that products used in any system providing water for human consumption (drinking or cooking) to meet low-lead standards. Please check the box below to confirm you are aware that this item is for non-potable water applications only.
This product will NOT be used in the installation or repair of a potable water (human consumption) application.
You must agree to this statement in order to purchase this product.

Cancel Continue

× This Item is Non-Returnable

When you order this item, we then special order it for you from the manufacturer.          Therefore, our standard return policy does not apply to this item. Manufacturer's warranty still applies.         
       I understand that once I order this item I cannot cancel or return it.         

Cancel Continue

× Certification Necessary

FlashShield is to be installed only by a licensed plumber/HVAC installer that has successfully completed the Gastite/FlashShield certification test.         
       By checking this box I am acknowledging that I have successfully completed the Gastite/FlashShield certification           and I hold a valid Gastite/FlashShield certification card.         

Cancel Continue

× Warning

This product must be installed by a qualified/licensed contractor and set up with properly calibrated combustion test equipment. Failure to comply with this could result in substantial property damage, severe personal injury or death.         
       By checking this box I am verifying that this product will be installed by a qualified/licensed contractor and will be set up with properly calibrated combustion test equipment.         

Cancel Continue

Taco PC705 Variable Speed Pump Control

$299.85 each

ADD TO CART

Fri, Feb 23 – Mon, Feb 26

The mfr and model number are printed right on it.

Google is one of your tools PC705 Variable Speed Pump Mixing Control | Taco Comfort Solutions

Yes, Google: Taco PC705, Has anyone used this? give details how. — Heating Help: The Wall

Thanks gentlemen. You are correct in that I never consulted Google. I spend a lot of time on Google but I guess I was wanting to see it through the eyes of an inspector which is why I posted the question. Didn’t know if there was any experience out there that could weigh in that can’t be found on a search engine.