What do u consider kitchen?

Trying to determine if this area is considered the kitchen. If so the return air vent must be relocated. This area is a small hall leading from the kitchen. The pantry is on the left and the utility room on the right. I am taking the pic from the kitchen sink. I am thinking it is but wanted to get some more input.

Thanks.

DSC058595587.JPG

Looks like a hallway to me. Returns are commonly found just outside the kitchen.

not considered kitchen even though the pantry is right there. the rule is more geared towards the proximity to the cooking surfaces right?

Hall is my vote.

thanks.

i’ll change the report and go with hall.

Agree with above

**[FONT=Times New Roman][size=2]Kitchen. **[/size][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][size=2]An area with a sink and permanent facilities for
food preparation and cooking.
[/size][/FONT]

Do you have a broader shot of the area in question from deeper in the kitchen?

Broader shot of the room might help but it looks like what used to be referred to as a “butler’s pantry” in a more genteel time. A small alcove or room off the kitchen or dining area where dining items (table cloths, silverware, glasses, etc.) stored for easy, fast access. You know, back when people has some class.

That is what I am envisioning. Many people consider these an extension of the kitchen.

Regardless what you call it, when ya have fish, or burn the toast the whole house will know.:smiley: