Duct work SNAFU

**Yesterday morning inspection. House built in 1997. The HVAC supply duct had never been installed in the living room ceiling. 16 years of pumping heat and air into the attic space and no one ever noticed—not even when the high energy bills arrived. **

052.JPG

Wow, we do find some interesting things, don’t we?

That’s just a rodent access so they don’t chew through the other ducts to get inside :wink:

You never know what you’ll find.

At least the roofers kept cool.

Nope it was the A/C installers trying to stay cool while working and forgot to install thru the ceiling. I used to do that my self when the attics were 140 and I had to install duct work;-)

Roofer-A/C installers, what’s the difference? :stuck_out_tongue:

There is a big diffrence ya can teach a monkey how to nail shingles on a roof:roll:;-):stuck_out_tongue:

I did a new home inspection about 2 weeks ago…Air handler…installed BACKWARDS. All the intakes were blowing and all the supplies were sucking in air. All done, all passed code and this was the final walkthrough. No one caught it.

The filter damn near blew across the room when the louvered cover was lowered.

Installed by uncle Harry and inspected by the AHJ that was his sister

Dam low bidders ya get what ya pay for :shock:

Common around here with the HRV; air intake screen clean and a slight suction at the wall damper…

Yep. Same here. :slight_smile:

A few weeks ago I came out of the crawl, looked at the owner and said, Been having high utility bills?:smiley: He said yes how did you know?
The HVAC guys just serviced it a month ago

jsw_20131016_092829.jpg