Fujitsu mini split age

Fujitsu mini split compressor unit AOU9 - Ser# C001294.

Thanks in advance - :slight_smile:

fujitsu.JPG

possibly 2000

That’s what I was thinking Mark. I got in touch with Fujitsu Tech Services. They were not very helpful. The best they could do was “sometime in the mid 90’s”. I guess the Fujitsu date code will remain a mystery. LOL

Thanks. How did you arrive at that Wayne? The last 2 digits? If you have a copy of the Fujitsu date code I’d appreciate a copy.

the last digits i don’t have anything from them .

Thanks Wayne - is this an educated guess or do you know this for a fact?

Educated guess Bill Just like the tech’s you spoke too.

I like it - LOL

So I guess this one from today’s would be 1964 and still running well after 51 years…

One thing that indicates the age if it can’t be deciphered from the serial number is the type of refrigerant is used. HCFC-22 or R22 was typically used prior to 2005, and HCFC-410a or R410a is required to be used now a days for all new equipment. So your picture Marcel indicates a newer unit, while the original picture indicates an older unit.

At or after 1995.

At or after 4/1984.

Yes, I know this thread is 5 years old. :wink:

Fujitsu General - Product Registration

07/24/2006 according to Rick’s link ;-).
Yes I know this thread is 7 years old.

The link Fujitsu General - Product Registration does give you the “Warranty Information” but not the manufacturing date.

I have a unit, serial # AEN008487 and it says the unit was purchased 12/19/16. After calling customer support, I was told that it is a cooling unit only which means it is at least 8 years old. I submitted the picture to Fujitsu registration and am awaiting a reply.

Scott Wallace
R&R Home Inspections, LLC
North Haledon, NJ