Gas line question/s

I did an inspection today on a custom home. The gas meter is on the south side of the home and on the north side of the home I found these shutoffs. I have a couple of questions.

1. Is this gas piping (flexible metal armoured piping) acceptable to be buried?

2. The mainfloor gas fireplace insert has a thinner bendable copper going through solid brick construction?

3. The lower basement gas insert has a flex black plastic tubing going through solid brick construction?

Thanks

I don’t know Canadian requirements, but no, no, no.

The “flex” does not appear to be the traditional CSST, and looks more like an appliance connector.

Copper is not allowed in many jurisdictions, but OK in others.

Plastic is not allowed by any U.S. jurisdiction as far as I know.

If I came across this, I think I’d run! :wink:

I have not done anything in Canada for about 12 years But i do not think things got change for natural gas, that would not be allowed.

Ya I wrote it up as a immediate safety concern and refered to a licensed gas professional.

[FONT=Times-Bold][size=2][FONT=Times-Bold][size=2][FONT=Times-Bold][size=2]**[FONT=Times-Bold][size=2][FONT=Times-Bold][size=2]http://www2.rigov.org/pdf/inspections/2003InternationCodes/2003InternationalFuelGas.pdf

(pg 63)

403.6 Plastic pipe, tubing and fittings. **[/size][/size][/size][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times-Roman][size=2]Plastic pipe, tubing
and fittings shall be used outside, underground, only, and shall
conform to ASTM D 2513. Pipe shall be marked “gas” and
“ASTM D 2513.”
[/size][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times-Roman][size=2]
**[FONT=Times-Bold][size=2][FONT=Times-Bold][size=2]403.6.1 Anodeless risers. **[/size][/size][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times-Roman][size=2]Plastic pipe, tubing and
anodeless risers shall comply with the following:

1. Factory-assembled anodeless risers shall be recommended
    by the manufacturer for the gas used and shall
    be leak tested by the manufacturer in accordance with
    written procedures.
  2. Service head adapters and field-assembled anodeless
    risers incorporating service head adapters shall be
    recommended by the manufacturer for the gas used,
    and shall be designed and certified to meet the requirements
    of Category I of ASTM D 2513, and U.S.
    Department of Transportation, Code of Federal Regulations,
    Title 49, Part 192.281(e). The manufacturer
    shall provide the user with qualified installation instructions
    as prescribed by the U.S. Department of
    Transportation, Code of Federal Regulations, Title
    49, Part 192.283(b).
    [/size][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/size][/FONT][FONT=Times-Roman][size=2][FONT=Times-Roman][size=2][FONT=Times-Roman][size=2][/size][/size][/FONT][/FONT][/size][/FONT]