HVAC Flex duct outside of house

I know this is wrong. I just want to know if any of you have seen something this crazy for a HVAC duct.
The previous owner converted the garage to a den. He ran a flex duct out of the crawl space thru the front wall where it turns and enters the den wall. about 5 ft of flex-duct is outside, hidden by dense bushes.
amazing.

I’m also curious, what is the best fix for this. (for my own education).

Thanks

Best fix is for the garage den to have it’s own heat source.

Apparently the garage conversion was done “off book” or your area has no building department. Living space conversions or additions require a number of improvements that a garage lacks, and a properly installed heat source (with ductwork installed correctly and to spec) would be one of them.

Does the HVAC system even have the capacity for the newly added living space?

What else did he short-change or skip?

Dom.

Hard metal duct

yes, probably done off-book. The new den (former garage) is about 320 sqft, so it adds about 25% to the original 1350 sqft home which is now listed as 1670 sqft. The old Heat pump might not be big enough.
I have seen before where they will run a duct thru the crawl space wall to the garage (just like cutting another crawl space wall vent). I’m baffled as to why they didn’t do that here. I would have never considered running a flex duct outside behind the bushes.

Definitely not permitted work. This is terrible.

Here is another gem from the same house, to the back of the garage where they put a laundry room.
a single cold water supply pipe comes out of the patio and into the back of the laundry room where it is split into two lines for the cold and hot water supply for the washing machine. oh, yeah, they are both dripping. the drywall below the washer hook-ups is soaked. so is the floor.

yes, probably done off-book. The new den (former garage) is about 320 sqft, so it adds about 25% to the original 1350 sqft home which is now listed as 1670 sqft. The old Heat pump might not be big enough.
I have seen before where they will run a duct thru the crawl space wall to the garage (just like cutting another crawl space wall vent). I’m baffled as to why they didn’t do that here. I would have never considered running a flex duct outside behind the bushes.

Definitely not permitted work. This is terrible.

Here is another gem from the same house, to the back of the garage where they put a laundry room.
a single cold water supply pipe comes out of the patio and into the back of the laundry room where it is split into two lines for the cold and hot water supply for the washing machine. oh, yeah, they are both dripping. the drywall below the washer hook-ups is soaked. so is the floor.

Don’t forget return air