Natural Gas BBQ allowed in Ontario

Hi,

I found a gas bbq in the back yard and it was attached with a plastic hose to the natural gas valve. I am wondering if it is allowed in Ontario?

Please advise, thanks.

I’m pretty sure you can bbq anywhere :smiley:

In all seriousness, why not contact the local gas company and ask? They’re probably going to have a better idea than a home inspector from Ohio.

Looks like a quick connect natural gas hose like the one available below.

I found this on the Union Gas website:

https://www.uniongas.com/residential/natural-gas-products/grill

Quick Connection is convenient
A “quick connect” natural gas hook-up means you have a natural gas connection in your yard and your grill attaches to it by a hose. This means connection, disconnection and relocating is easy. If you need to move your grill out of the way it’s no problem. Just disconnect it from the quick connection and move it wherever it needs to go. When you want to grill again, just hook it back up and you’re ready to cook!”

… and this on Enbridge:

https://www.enbridgegas.com/homes/manage-energy/appliances-and-equipment/barbecues.aspx

Quick-connect convenience
Natural gas grills are more convenient than ever thanks to quick-connect outlets. An outdoor quick-connect outlet has a long, flexible hose that gives you the freedom to move your barbecue.
There’s no need to worry about gas leaking. Quick-connect outlets won’t let you turn on the gas until you’ve connected your barbecue correctly. They’re inexpensive and can be installed by a licenced HVAC contractor.”

Are allowed, and have been for at least a couple of decades. I have two quick connects on my gas line on deck. There should be a shutoff just before the valves though. Can not see clearly in photo all details, but in short a quick connects for bbq is fine, assuming all proper material used and installed correctly.

Yes they are we have one a lot cheaper then Propane Reminds of an Inspection we did for a home owner bout 10 years ago in Early March 12 inches of snow on every thing except the BBQ.
I went out to the BBQ and it was on all burners , Told the owner he said Hmmm lets see the last time we used it was I think September .
I said not the best was to keep the snow of the BBQ he had a good laugh and said Oh! well its only money ,He seemed to have lots .