Noah's A/C unit

This one was old to the tune that I had never heard of the name had to Google it Gaffers Sattler was purchased by Magic Chef in 1969 and the name was no longer used. This puppy must of had a few compressor change outs

3102 Crestview Enid 2-28-12 023.jpg

3102 Crestview Enid 2-28-12 022.jpg

You did call it out because if it’s age didn’t you!?

Watch out, they are going to call you out because of your age! :wink:

I see this type quite often in my next of the woods. Not sure about the compressors being changed out. (You and Dave are the experts)

Seems like they do not make them like they used to you. (You have heard that before)

I thought you two were the critics off calling out equipment due to age.

Not starting trouble but I look up to you to guys as the HVAC experts around here.

What else did you note about the older system?

cmon Charley You’ve got socks that old…what’s the problem…

I won’t speak for Charley, but yes I am.

I have a 1955 chiller in my church and it still runs like a Rolls Royce.

You change it when it is cost effective, not an expired birthday.

Yes I do but the darn things have holes in the toes

No problem with me, David I date all A/C units, furnaces and water heaters I think it is only fair to my clients that they have some general idea as to what the future brings. Do I have a crystal ball absolutely not. I call a spade a spade if the unit is old I say so.

For those that do not speak HVAC, he looks at the date and other information to understand what he is looking at (inspecting), and evaluates it’s condition (to include the age)

A new unit in crappy shape is a bigger problem than an old unit with many replaced parts over time.

“Am I putting words in your mouth Charley”?! :wink:

Yes, I too do the date code. But I do not condone requiring replacement of the equipment based upon just a few numbers… as some do.

Meeting my clients expectations it my only concern, if that means dating the equipment than so be it…

I do not hold up my inspection report to decipher the date code. It’s not that important, unless you decipher it wrong and then it becomes an unnecessary issue.

“where is my 2011 HVAC unit?”, The HVAC guy says it’s 1911!

“do I get to select the color of the unit you’re going to buy me?”!

Hey Charlie can you date code this one for me?! :mrgreen:

Entering your “birthdate” is close enough for me! :wink:

1945 close enough

I don’t make the replacement call as a HI If the unit does not operate I write it up and some bone headed contractor will decide to replace or repair not my call.

If the unit has exceeded what is considered by national standards an average life expectancy I make that statement. I provide the Date of MFG for the unit and the national standard client can draw their own conclusions. If the unit is old and still operating I suggest a home warranty and run to compressor failure

I concluded that was your conclusion! :wink:

There was some room for conjecture if not clear.