Rust on Liquid Line

Is this something to be concerned about? There is quite a bit on this 2010 build. I am thinking because this home has lakes on two sides that maybe the humidity has caused all the rust. THanks for any input.

BUMP

I don’t see anything that gets me excited. Copper does not rust perhaps tarnish somewhat but not rust as we see on steel piping

Has the liquid line been reduced in size from the MFG outlet on the unit the line appears to be undersized on both units

Well from the pic it doesn’t look like anything that would require drastic measures. Scrubbing it with a wire brush should do. Then apply lemon juice (citric acid aids in loosening rust) with a cotton ball and wait a few minutes and then scrub again

I do not see any SUSPECT or recommendations in the photo.

I am thinking because this home has lakes on two sides that maybe the humidity has caused all the rust.
This would have no great impact on the materials being used if the ( piping ) is code complient.
I see the plastic sealing coming off the piping.
Is this your concern?

If necessary RECOMMEND: Licensed, registered professionals only.
By using a wire brush, if the lines are worn or weak, will case possible safety hazards to anyone near the lines you are trying to clean.
By using acids of any nature will decompose any rusted or imperfect metals in the lines or fittings under pressure. The fitting may loosen and or the thin metal explode under pressure. Again possibly creating a unsafe condition.
Professional HVAC maintenance person.
JMO.

This air handler is located in the bedroom closet of a 1968 home. What do you make of the black residue?

I don’t see anything besides insulation.

This should have been a new thread since its unrelated to the OP.

What you have there is soot from the brazing work done to connect the lineset.

Thank you! Sorry about the posting error.