Venting a bathroom in a highrise condo

G’day,

inspected a 30 year old high rise condo today. As I’ve only done a small handfull of these a question arose that I’m sure I’ll encounter again.
My client would like to reno his bathroom and as its an interior room (no windows) the subject of exhasut venting came up. The main supply duct runs across the unit at the ceiling and the registers are above the exterior windows. Only the kitchen and bathroom have registers on the inward side and look to be supplied with 5" round ducts. While the ceilings are dropped and covered with drywall, I wonder … any ideas on installing venting without getting the corporation involved? The furnace and AC are in a closet to the far left and vent as if they were space packs. Are there any solutions that offer minor cosmetic reno’s?

All thoughts are appreciated.

Mark Ellison

Toronto, On

[quote=Mark Ellison]
G’day,

inspected a 30 year old high rise condo today. As I’ve only done a small handfull of these a question arose that I’m sure I’ll encounter again.
My client would like to reno his bathroom and as its an interior room (no windows) the subject of exhaust venting came up. The main supply duct runs across the unit at the ceiling and the registers are above the exterior windows. Only the kitchen and bathroom have registers on the inward side and look to be supplied with 5" round ducts. While the ceilings are dropped and covered with drywall, I wonder … any ideas on installing venting without getting the corporation involved? The furnace and AC are in a closet to the far left and vent as if they were space packs. Are there any solutions that offer minor cosmetic Reno’s?

Mark

I would get the condo corp. involved,they might have an easy solution to problem.Maintenance people on payroll usually know the building very well,and can be a very good resource.