Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > Specific Inspection Topics > Ancillary Inspection Services

Notices

Ancillary Inspection Services Contains discussions about Radon, Wood Infestation, Water Quality, Well, Septic, Lead, Asbestos, Pool, and Mold inspections.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7/8/14, 12:59 PM
InterNACHI Staff

Default AARST and NRPP Approve InterNACHI's Radon Course for Both Entry Level and CE

InterNACHI's free online "Advanced Radon Measurement Service Provider Course" is at https://www.nachi.org/radon-measureme...ine-course.htm

It's free and online for InterNACHI members. Not a member? Join now to receive unlimited access to this course and all of InterNACHI's free online courses.

As of July 7, 2014, this course is approved by NRPP and AARST for both Entry Level (INACH-1) and Continuing Education (INACH-401).

BEN GROMICKO
Education Director
Live home inspection classes (free & online)

Need a home inspection in Connecticut? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Connecticut certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 7/17/14, 6:47 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Default Re: AARST and NRPP Approve InterNACHI's Radon Course for Both Entry Level and CE

Hey Ben -

I want to be sure that I'm understanding this correctly. Upon completion of this course you are then eligible to take the exam that actually certifies you for measuring or mitigation; as stated here: http://www.nrpp.info/entry_level.shtml

Is that correct?

Thanks,
BJ Hutchins
Old 7/17/14, 7:10 PM
Active Poster

Default Re: AARST and NRPP Approve InterNACHI's Radon Course for Both Entry Level and CE

Correct in states that license radon professionals.
Old 7/17/14, 11:52 PM

Got - I'm in Oregon, I haven't found any formal requirements.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 7/18/14, 11:14 AM
Active Poster

You should take the course anyway and keep a copy of your certificate of completion.
Old 7/18/14, 12:11 PM
InterNACHI Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhutchins View Post
Got - I'm in Oregon, I haven't found any formal requirements.

Thanks for the reply.
For Oregon,

Radon Program
Oregon Health Authority, Research & Education Section
Radiation Protection Services - Radon Gas

Program Coordinator: Brett Sherry, brett.w.sherry@state.or.us, (971) 673-0440

BEN GROMICKO
Education Director

Old 7/18/14, 6:30 PM

Hey Ben -

I've been in contact with Sherry, she confirmed for me; "Radon Measurement and Mitigation Contractors are not required to be certified to provide services in Oregon." I'll still pursue whatever training and certifications, but I wanted to be sure that I didn't put my foot in my mouth if I said that my company goes above and beyond the State's requirements.
Old 7/18/14, 6:32 PM
InterNACHI Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhutchins View Post
Hey Ben -

I've been in contact with Sherry, she confirmed for me; "Radon Measurement and Mitigation Contractors are not required to be certified to provide services in Oregon." I'll still pursue whatever training and certifications, but I wanted to be sure that I didn't put my foot in my mouth if I said that my company goes above and beyond the State's requirements.
Well, that makes it easy. Thanks for the update, Barry.

BEN GROMICKO
Education Director

Old 12/1/14, 1:32 PM

I just completed the two courses on Mold so now I want to pursue this one. Lucky for me I am Retired so I have the time to invest in these very well put together courses......
Old 1/1/16, 8:41 AM
Certified Master Inspector

[ATTACH]aarst-and-nrpp-approve-international-association-certified-home-inspectorss-radon-course-both-entry-level-and-ce-jeffrey-chabot-078.jpg[/ATTACH]

I found this to be one of InterNACHI's best courses. very Informative. I don't often have the opportunity to inspect Radon mitigation systems, but I do a fair amount of testing using the Activated Charcoal Absorption Devices provided by Air Chek.

Having a science degree in business, I found the algebraic equations helpful and the thresholds for standard deviation very informative. What this taught me is that when properly checked for type I and II error, may different devices can be used, all falling in expected tolerances.

The attached pictures are of a home I tested this summer in a finished basement. The levels came back below 2, if I remember right.

I need to work on my SOP and protocols.
Attached Thumbnails
aarst-and-nrpp-approve-international-association-certified-home-inspectorss-radon-course-both-entry-level-and-ce-jeffrey-chabot-064.jpg  

Bay Area Home Inspection, LLC
1-800-935-9384
Calls answered until 10:00pm
UpsBestInspector.com - Licensed-Inspector.com
MarquetteInspector.com - MarquetteInspections.com
HoughtonInspections.com - IronMountainInspections.com
MarquetteHomeInspector.com
Marquette, Ishpeming, Negaunee, Houghton, Calumet, Eagle River, Cooper Harbor, Ironwood, Iron Mountain, Ontonagon, Escanaba, Harvey, Champion, Wakefield, and everywhere in between!
Old 1/1/16, 9:48 PM

Make sure the state you are in also approves these courses. For example, Ohio has approved the online course for CE but not initial licensing. Just be careful and do your homework.
It doesn't matter one bit what the NRPP approves if you state doesn't approve it.

"Putting your next investment in our sights"
Matt Adams
SharpShooter Inspections
www.sharpshooterinspections.com
N.E. Ohio
Old 2/10/16, 5:50 PM

Not sure this course is still valid in Ohio, its not listed on ODH website.
I have emailed them to make sure.
Steve
Old 2/10/16, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scosta2 View Post
Steve
Let us know what you find out.

"Putting your next investment in our sights"
Matt Adams
SharpShooter Inspections
www.sharpshooterinspections.com
N.E. Ohio
Need a home inspection in Connecticut? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Connecticut certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 2/10/16, 11:28 PM
Certified Master Inspector ®

Quote:
Originally Posted by madams7 View Post
Make sure the state you are in also approves these courses. For example, Ohio has approved the online course for CE but not initial licensing. Just be careful and do your homework.
It doesn't matter one bit what the NRPP approves if you state doesn't approve it.
Same in Illinois. Not approved for pre-licensing. And so far all I've been able to verify is that the course is only approved for Home Inspector Licensing, not for Radon Measurement Licensing.
Old 2/10/16, 11:30 PM
InterNACHI Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scosta2 View Post
Steve
Hi, Steve. I'll have Tanya contact ODH. Our letter of approval does not have an expiration date. So, we'll confirm.

BEN GROMICKO
Education Director