Asbestos Encapsulation

Does anyone know of a product that home owners can use to encapsulate frazled asbestos on pipes - maybe a rubberized spray?

Yeah, spray it on and watch the fibers fly. Bad idea.

I would not recommend such material to home owners for obvious reasons but rather have them contact a professional asbestos removal company.

when you can not afford abatement. large rolls of thick heavy duty alumium foil wrap with metal tape. Not just the problem spot , but wrap all exposed. Take same precauctions that abatement contractor does. Dispose of tyvek suits properly.

A nice neat way of encapsulating asbestos would be to utilize Plaster of Paris Bandage Rolls. Not a recommended task to be applied by homeowners! Working around friable asbestos is very dangerous. Hire the PROS.

It comes in rolls and you simply submerge the roll in water and it gets very pasty. This stuff is utilized for casts on broken bones.

Does asbestos have to be removed?

Thanks guys.

The best encapsulation is professional removal, bag, and in a land fill designated for such health hazard material.
Bite the bullet and get rid of it. If not, it will only come back and haunt the repair man and the owner of the product. :slight_smile:

Can anyone tell me if it was common to use asbestos on AC ducts in the attic in Florida in the early 1980’s?

Almost impossible as Asbestos had been removed from most products by 1974.

Regards

Gerry

If you have to work near it, such as… closing or opening a water valve then use a spray bottle of water to wet the asbestos. The pro’s do that.

A friend of mine used Liquid Rubber to encapsulate his Asbestos roof, I think this was the stuff www.liquidrubber.co.uk

A friend of mine used Liquid Rubber to encapsulate his Asbestos roof, I think this was the stuff www.liquidrubber.co.uk