Consumer seeking advice about hydrofractured well.

----- Original Message -----
To: FastReply@nachi.org
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 2:44 PM
Subject: Risks of Hydrofracturing

[FONT=Arial]Hi![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]I am interested in understanding what if any risks there are to having a drilled well hydrofractured?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Is there any recommendations or situations where you would not recommend having this done to a drilled well?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]What if the well is within 20 feet of the house?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Please advise of any risks to having this process done.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Thanks,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Jeanne[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]patriots@together.net[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]

I will send this of to the person also .
I could not find the meaning of the word ( hydrofractured?) but I think she means where they put down dynamite in the hole fill it with water to fracture the rock.
We have an area 3 miles from here where a Friend on mine has 60 acres … He had 5 wells drilled down about 100 ± feet and they all where dry . They put two sticks of dynamite down filled it with water . Out came the 22 feet of 6 well pipe and it went straight up so far it looked like a cigar . It came down about 200 feet from where they where and stuck in the ground badly bent . They had to cut if off could not pull it out .
Next well 1 stick of dynamite same thing straight up and it came down fifty feet away only this one landed almost flat destroyed another well pipe .
1/2 stick in the next three out came the water but the pipes stayed down . they where about two hundred feet from houses .
One well was only fifty feet from the Murray Canal
He got zero water from all the wells…
No damage to any homes .
Roy Cooke sr

Roy,

The TNT trick was/is old Bubba technique. My understanding is well companies are using high pressure water to open new seams to let the water into the well. Hence the term hydro fracture. I don’t have any experience with it but spoke to a well guy who told me it was an option on some wells.

I guess the good ol boys didn’t consider pulling the pipe before they dropped the dynamite!!

//Rick

Hydrofracture

Interesting:)