Health official asks for help for low income owners with radon problems.

[FONT=Arial]----- Original Message ----- [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]From:[/FONT][FONT=Arial] Hardwick, Clay (CHFS PH) [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Sent:[/FONT][FONT=Arial] Monday, July 17, 2006 9:12 AM[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Subject:[/FONT][FONT=Arial] Low income situation - resources to explore?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]NACHI:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]I thought it would be good to send out a post on a low income situation. I’m not aware of all the[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][FONT=Arial]resources available to assist low income residents. I’m looking to give some guidance to a family that has a short-term reading for 23 pCi/l but they are living at the poverty level. If you can point out some good resources that have assisted you with low-income residents in the past, please let me know. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Thanks to all who answer this… in advance![/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Magneto]Clay Hardwick[/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Cabinet for Health and Family Services[/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Department for Public Health[/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Environmental Management Branch[/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]275 E Main St[/FONT][FONT=Arial], HS1-CD[/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Phone: (502) 564-4856 ext 3155[/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Fax: (502) 564-6533[/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][FONT=Arial][FONT=Arial]clay.hardwick@ky.gov[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’]http://chfs.ky.gov/dph/info/phps/radongas/](http://chfs.ky.gov/dph/info/phps/radongas/)[/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]-----------------------------------------[/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Papyrus]MISSION[/FONT][FONT=Papyrus]:Promoting a healthier, safer public through prevention, education, communication & regulation.[/FONT]**[FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]