Mold Detection Device Feedback

Hello Experts,

I am working on a proof of concept for a mold kit that detects the three common types of mold (Aspergillus, Penicillium and Stachybotrys). Using this device, an user can detect the mold type right there at the home instead of sending the sample to the lab. Device works on air sampling and/or swab sample within 48 hours, and price will be around $35-$40.

I would like to get feedback on different types of devices out there, and what types of devices are used professionals/inspectors like you. My questions are as follows.

1. When I checked Home Depot or Lowes, the only things out there are $7-10 test kits, and the samples needs to be sent to lab. Do you also use these kits available in retail stores, and send the samples to labs?

2. If you use different kits/devices than available in consumer retail, what are those? Where do you purchase them?

3. Do you see value in device concept I mentioned above?

I apologize if I am asking silly questions. But I really appreciate your time, and would be very grateful for any feedback you offer.

Thanks
Dave.

I have swabs but prefer to use the airbourne test, theres a pump that pulls air through a catrigge for 5 min ( 5 liters per min i think) then you seal the cartrige and send to the lab.

My preference is airborne as it has the most risk, thats what you’re breathing. I take inside and outside same time for reference.