Radon Course Approvals

Does anyone know if NACHI is making any attempts to get the radon course accepted by NEHA-NRPP or NRSB?

We submitted to NEHA recently. NEHA is actually headquartered here.

It is already approved in many states for home inspector CE including:

Alaska Department of Commerce Community and Economic Development, Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing, Home Inspector Program
Arkansas Home Inspector Registration Board
Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection, Home Inspector Licensing Board
IAC2
Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Professional Regulation*
Indiana Real Estate Commission, Home Inspector Licensing Board
InterNACHI
Kansas Home Inspectors Registration Board
Master Inspector Certification Board
Mississippi Home Inspector Board
New Hampshire Home Inspector Licensing Board
Oregon Construction Contractors Board
South Dakota Real Estate Commission
Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance, Division of Regulatory Boards, Home Inspector Licensing Division
Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC)
West Virginia Department of Military Affairs and Public Safety, State Fire Marshal’s Office
Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing

Nick,

I don’t see any Canadian approvals on the list, and thats what I’m after. Health Canada follows EPA guidelines currently. We are not required to be certified in Nova Scotia, but I am trying to get ahead of the game. I am hoping to get certified through NEHA, but am trying to avoid travelling to the USA for an approved course. Any idea when NACHI will hear back on their application? Also, will we be informed if the application is rejected? Thanks!

As far as I know, no province or agency in Canada approves radon courses for inspectors. If I’m wrong, show me by posting a link to the application for approval.

[quote=“gromicko, post:2, topic:46513”]

We submitted to NEHA recently. …[

Any idea on ETA?](“http://www.nachi.org/wiapproval.htm”)

Nick,

You are correct. That is my whole point, Health Canada does not have their own guidelines, they follow EPA. I would like to be NEHA certified BEFORE it becomes law. The problem I have now is I have to take training in the USA to do so. If Nachi Radon Course gets approval…problem solved. Thanks.

I can’t speak for NEHA (I was a member for years though). Give them a call on Monday and see what they say. I suspect it would be pretty difficult for any government agency or private trade association (like NEHA) to reject the world’s most comprehensive radon course.

Don’t forget to consider purchasing the companion radon text book.

CERTI in colorado springs has a distance learning course online for radon measurement provider that is approved by NEHA for cert.

I’ll let you know what they say. Tks.

I used Environmental Solutions Association’s ( www.ESAassociation.com , 507-326-3329 ) Radon Inspection and Measurement Course distance learning, which is NEHA approved. They basically just sent me the text book and then I took their on line exam. I also took InterNACHI’s radon course, which, at the time, was not approved. The two courses were a good combination, and I was able to pass the NEHA exam. The people at ESA can tell you where the nearest location is for the proctored NEHA exam. I don’t know if they have a exam location in Nova Scotia or New Brunswick, but there are some in Maine. As far as I know, NEHA’s requirements for “membership” are: approved course, pass their exam and submit a quality assurance plan. They’ll give you a listing on their website… I think it’s worth checking into, even if Nova Scotia doesn’t have regulations regarding radon testing.