Radon Measurement training course

Which courses for home study is recommended? I plan on taking the national cert. exam. I am not planning on getting into mitigation.

James,

Does KS have a radon oversight department? If they do, they may limit what classes you may take. In Ohio, there were only 4 approved training classes as of last November. I was required to take one of these and then take the NEHA. I then have a couple of other requirements before I can begin testing.

What I am saying, and you may have already done this, is check for state requirements before you spend your money on a class.

Steve,
What are the other requirements in Ohio besides the class, test, and paying for a license?
Thanks, Steve

Steve

To be a licensed radon testor in the state of Ohio.

Take the class. I did Radalinks.

Pass the test. Radalink helped me review and I have some study material that would help you pass. This test is fairly diffficult.

Re certify every 2 years. I used the CERTI home study which I found out thru the Nachi board.

I would be glad to help.You are so close to my home. Give me a email or call I can give you a lot of info pertaining to radon testing.

Dave

Don’t forget about sending in the required documentation for your standards of practice and worker’s safety to the state radon board for approval. I have not done this next step, but this is what we were told during the class. I took the MURC class. Nice class, knowledgeable instructor.

Dave,

Thanks for the offer, I’m going to Pittsburgh Tuesday to do the Radalink course. Ive had the study materials for about a week, it makes for boring reading. I think I fear this test more than the NHIE.

I was hoping it was the class, pass the test, pay for the license. I really didn’t wanna have something else pop up.

Steve,

If you go with Radalink, it is my understanding they take care of all that State paperwork and record keeping for you.

Thanks,
the other Steve