radon in water

I just completed a water and radon air inspection with radon in water. The radon in air was slightly elevated at 4.2 and 5.4. The question is the radon in water cam back at 8745. This is a brand new home with a drilled well. Does anyone have any take on the radon in water level? I See the EPA has yet to establish any firm guidelines. Any big concerns on this level?

http://www.epa.gov/SAFEWATER/radon/remove/fact.html

Check this out

Radon also can enter a home if a water supply contains dissolved radon . Private water wells drawing from water with dissolved uranium or radium are most likely to have potential radon-associated health risks. Private wells usually do not have treatment systems and the short transit time between the pump and the home does not allow enough time for radon decay. According to the EPA, most risk is still from inhalation rather than ingestion because household activities such as showering and laundry release radon to the indoor air. Approximately 10,000 pCi/L of radon in water contributes about 1 pCi/L of radon to indoor air (Zapecza and Szabo, 1988).
Radon is usually not a problem in large public water supplies because water is generally obtained from multiple sources or surface water. Mixing, treatment aeration, and longer residence times within the treatment system promote dilution, off-gassing, and decay of radon (Zapecza and Szabo, 1988).

An Actual link, this is good stuff

http://www.bae.ncsu.edu/programs/extension/publicat/wqwm/he396.html

Specific Section:
(Radon 222) is a naturally occurring radioactive element measured in picocuries per liter (pCi/L). Radon is produced during the radioactive decay process of uranium that has been in the earth’s crust since the earth was formed. In water, radon is measured in picocuries per liter (pCi/L). A picocurie is 0.037 radioactive disintegrations per second. The EPA estimates that 10,000 pCi/L in water translates to about 1 pCi/L in air.

The radon in air was slightly elevated at 4.2 and 5.4.

The EPA stated in an article, last year, in the miami paper that 4.0 pCi/l was equal to about 200 chest xrays a year.
Something I always thought was interesting.

Doug Wall
www.radonmoldhelp.com

Connecticut Department of Public Health has a recommened guideline of
5,000 pCi/L in private well water for radon.