Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > Specific Inspection Topics > Ancillary Inspection Services

Notices

Ancillary Inspection Services Contains discussions about Radon, Wood Infestation, Water Quality, Well, Septic, Lead, Asbestos, Pool, and Mold inspections.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9/22/15, 9:08 PM
InterNACHI Member

Default Self Closing/Latching RV Gate that opens to a pool?

Hey guys,

I got done with an inspection this morning that had a pool in the back yard. One side of the fence had a self closing, self latching access man size access gate. The other side a double gate, that could fit a small truck through with no additional hardware.

My question is, does this double gate need to have self closing, self latching hardware to be considered safe?

Located in Arizona, if that helps.

Thank you
Need a home inspection in Arkansas? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Arkansas certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 9/22/15, 9:37 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Default Re: Self Closing/Latching RV Gate that opens to a pool?

Since we don't have a speciaifed set of rules here I used the CPSC ones. The Southern Nevada Pool Code is basically the same. If there is a Vehicle Gate then it should be self latching but doesn't need to be self closing.

https://www.cpsc.gov//PageFiles/1222...or%20Pools.pdf

Nevada Inspector of Structures #1730
Nevada Energy Auditor #30
www.homecsi.com
Old 9/23/15, 12:43 PM
Certified Professional Inspector (CPI)

Default Re: Self Closing/Latching RV Gate that opens to a pool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by npetersen View Post
Hey guys,

I got done with an inspection this morning that had a pool in the back yard. One side of the fence had a self closing, self latching access man size access gate. The other side a double gate, that could fit a small truck through with no additional hardware.

My question is, does this double gate need to have self closing, self latching hardware to be considered safe?

Located in Arizona, if that helps.

Thank you
Yes, if the gate provides direct access to the pool it needs to self close and latch.

"So, what are your thoughts on the Flir One??"