A solid word of advice for my INACHI brothers..Do NOT BUY Sun Nuclear equipment

I was a fan
I have a 1029 unit that has been bulletproof for 2 yrs but for the price it had better be…

OK I then shuck out fat cash for two new 1028 monitors 6 months ago
They both systematically failed 3 days ago .

Neither will turn on …
I have new dura cells in them (9 volt), battery back up .
Multiple 120 vac to dc adaptors (wall warts) I’ve tried all Sun Nuclear and all are funtional.

No go…I’m onsite and have no units that will work, had to run all the way back to the office and grab the 1029…
Return to set it up and I’m down to one functioning unit and inspections stacked all week …into next week… yeah they want radon testing …

I call Florida and explain my predicament and frustration…

They contact me the next day with an email saying to do the obvious , check batteries and verify adaptor functionality…and if that fails …

are you ready …

Shake the **** outta the monitors as the internal battery may be loose…

well I shook em… duhhh no difference.
Now I have 2 days backlogged radon testing to do and they will not answer their phones .

I’ve called and left 4 messages now today alone…
No reply …

Meanwhile I have to run out to grab the 1029 to drive an additional 60 miles to an inspection site tonite on a place I just did this morning …

I’m driving all over the state wasting my time and gas …

buried in inspections … NO Support !! They don’t even answer the phone
You get answering machines…

“Leave a message”

If I ran my business like this I’d be out of business in a week…

The last message I left was to tell them that I was going to tell all my fellow InterNACHI Bros about how they treat their customers …

So You’ve been warned …

I keep my monitors in a $300.00 pelican case and they are absolutely pampered…took a big **** in 6 months and zero support,…They are under warranty.

The product failed and the customer support at the human level has more than failed…

That’s not good.

They finally called me yesterday while writing this post…
Dylan acted like it was all good on their end it this was business
as usual .
Ohh I received the standard geez we are sorry line of BS

Apparently you are supposed to wait for 3 days for a reply and scream
at them in the messages to warrant a reply.

I said what are you going to do to help me , it’s been 3 days since my initial
contact to them for help …

He sent an email an hr later requesting my address and said he has permission
to send some rental units …

Maybe next week I’ll get some units to arrive by thursday
maybe…

that’s only 1.5 weeks I am left running around like an idiot
losing money and time …with two new units that are junk …
I’ll end up paying shipping , watch !
I’m done testing for radon …
These monitors are all getting sold as soon as I get these back
and I’m sticking to Thermals and Commercial /home inspections.

Let the other guys chase monitors for pennies…
If that is the best support you can expect it’s best to cut your losses

Next massive improvement to save time and money and major frustration…
DUMP this garbage software Home Inspector Pro and get the one that actually
works …

Nothing like paying for the latest version which offers nothing more than a video
feature which is so user unfriendly and non functioning it’s an insult…

buttons that don’t function etc…

Sorry I’m no longer a fan nor disillusioned , this software is costing me
a lot of money to be lost …

I’m done with it …

This year I will make more money and be less frustrated, and that means kicking the
non performers out of my business…

I have 4 1030s. Bought them all within the past year. One has already failed and had to be replaced. Their phone service definitely sux.

I don’t use CRM’s. I buy Radon test kits by the case (EMSL). They never break down, and are always available to set. I refuse to let a ‘small margin’ service give me the aggravation you are going through. Technology is great when it works, but totally sux when it doesn’t.

With all due respect, you should always have a back-up plan in place for everything. What do you do if your report software fails, or the computer it’s on crashes? Can you maintain your timeframe deadlines to your client without interruption or delay?

Just something to think about.

For those interested in a back-up plan for short-term radon kits (in case your monitor fails), I would be happy to help you out. Contact me anytime at 800-220-3675 :mrgreen:

I hope you don’t try and sell them here;-)

I sub all of my radon jobs out and make between $25 and $50 an inspection on them.

rad star 300’s solid work horses

Gentlemen
I have a life outside inspecting and have a few US patents I intend to see to the market place so I need to scale my time I am investing in this business back …

Testing for radon is most certainly in my observation a complete waste of time and does
not generate the income to be a viable endeavor.

I will be placing these monitors up on Ebay as a triple pack with tripods and pelican hardcase which holds 3 and accessories.

My back up was always carrying 3 onboard and felt that was sufficient, it’s apparently not as it’s possible to have 2 totally take a **** on you at the same time even being new.

As I’ve stated I have also concluded my software sucks as well and is being replaced .

Each job is a mission , I always went into missions with a fast, light and effective load…

Thus I’m dumping the junk

I have been using Radalink monitors for two years and no major issues. They are leased machines that calibrate for free every year (send a new one prior to me sending the unit in). The customer service is top notch. I did have an issue once with one of their monitors failing, they overnight air mailed me a new one AND paid me for the lost time ($125 my test fee).

Also, Homegauge is the software I’m using and I couldn’t be happier!

FYI

Mike Trumble

We’ve got Sun Nuclear models from 1027’s to 1030’s. Used SN for over 10 years. Their support is not super great or ‘‘modern’’ but once you figure out who/where to call or email, it is ok. I’ve have a few issues with the monitors but overall I’d say SN is a good product. I even bought a few used monitors here on the forum from a retired member Buck. They seem to be accurate. I’ve ran a dozen of them at the same time to see the spread. Maybe . or a decimal off over a weeks worth of sample testing a few times. Not too shabby.

But using CRM yes better have a back up plan. And I’ll cross the bridge if I cant get a report to a customer. Nothing is fail proof in life.